Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Updated: Help! Extended Nape Repair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Updated: Help! Extended Nape Repair
    Posted: July 06 2008 at 9:29am
Hi Ladies,

I lost a few hairs at the hairline of my chinese light yaki.  So what did I do????? I trimmed the hairline back and now the front to nape measurement is too short.  I have a beater that I stole from to make a new nape and extend the front to nape measurement to about 15.5.  The problem is that I'm not sure how to proceed.  I have extra lace and clear thread.  What is the best method for going about this repair?  Should I just sew the pieces together and then reinforce it with the extra lace or should I glue the pieces to the extra lace and then sew it?  Please let me know if you have ever made this repair. I would like to begin by doing it the right way.

Thanks!

Update:  WOW!!! That was super easy and now I finally know what it feels like to have a unit fit properly.  Thanks!

Edited by griff - July 08 2008 at 11:58am
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2008 at 7:17pm
just split the hair down the across the nape area where you need to have replaced on the unit where the hair has fallen out. cut down the middle of that part you made and cut more on the side where the side that you will disgard! so that you don't disturb the knots. Then take that piece and measure it against the beater unit where it will be the same size, making sure its a little extra b/c you cut more on that disgarded side, use your measuring tape on the good unit to be sure you have a good match so you don't shorten the unit.. then proceed to part that unit across just like you did the first one, then cut that off.. then take the nape from the beater and the clear thread and attached it to the unit.. you got a fixed up unit girl.. LOL
griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2008 at 8:16pm
Hey Sexi,

Thanks!  So I shouldn't really need the extra lace right?  I will be a repairing chic tonight.

sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2008 at 5:34am
no just if you wanna lay a piece over the area where you sew the hair together as a patch!
UniquelyEleanor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UniquelyEleanor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2008 at 7:10pm

Great tip Sexi!

Live each day as if it were your last!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic