Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

how to use jojoba oil??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LunarFlame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LunarFlame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how to use jojoba oil??
    Posted: October 06 2004 at 4:52pm
Hello, I have read numerous posts on oils, and today I took the plunge, and bought some Jojoba oil for my hair. So now my question is, how do i use it?
Do i just put it on my hair? I know i shouldn't really put it on my scalp. But what else should I know? How long do i leave it on? Should I put a heating cap on? Mix it with anything?

thanks in advance for your help!
Viktoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2004 at 5:22pm
Personally, I just put 2-3 drops in my hands, rub it all over the hands (I have no need for handlotion any more!) and then rake my fingers through my hair, especially through the ends. It tames flyaways, give it some glow and makes it more managable. I´ll do that a couple of times a day. The day before a wash, I´ll use 6 drops and set it in a bun. That´s all really.

I´m in the process of making friends with the shampo-alternative washing clay Rasul, and it seems like ordinary conditioner doesn´t really work with it - I guess they are made to work with shampoo-clean hair. So now I pretty much rely on jojoba to do it for me. It´s soo easy to work with!

I hope you like it!

PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2004 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by Viktoria Viktoria wrote:

Personally, I just put 2-3 drops in my hands, rub it all over the hands (I have no need for handlotion any more!) and then rake my fingers through my hair, especially through the ends. It tames flyaways, give it some glow and makes it more managable. I´ll do that a couple of times a day. The day before a wash,

Same here, a few drops and then I start near the ends and work my way up. I don't wash it out after any period of time. It's there till my next wash day.

Some people also apply it to wet or damp hair. Even some who apply it after a wash.

Experiment with it and see what you like. But start with one drop and see it that's enough first then add more. It's a very light oil and a little goes a long way.
If you end up with ends that are "crunchy" as some say then I'd try a different method with the oil. Lots of ways to try it before it's actually "Not Good for me"

I use Vitamin Shoppe brand that I ordered through Amazon for about $6 for 4 oz. It was free for me though cuz I used gift certificates.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2004 at 8:53pm
As far as the heating caps and putting it on your scalp, some may do heating caps. Most avoid the scalp but personally if there is still some on my hands after i do the length I touch the top hair too. I've never really been bothered by greasy hair though. But this doesn't make it feel greasy, just moist and smooth.
Suers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2004 at 9:16am
That reminds me.... I should start using jojoba oil again. I use it on dry hair. I put about 3-4 drops on my hands, rub them together and then over my hair. Then I do a good and gentle brushing. The oil just absorbs into the hair. I usually wash my brush everytime I wash my hair.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LunarFlame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2004 at 10:53am
thanks for the help everyone! I tried it last night. I put some in, and left it until I showered this morning. I am already noticing a difference. My ends are shinyer and better looking alreay.. I think I have a new friend .

I also decided to go back to an old habit I had when I was in gr. 7-8 or so. I never used to wash my tips, just my scalp, and I had BEAUTIFUL hair then. I recently read that someone else on here does that, and its acutally good for the hair. So I will go back to just washing my scalp, ad mayby scrb the ends once or twice a week instead of every time I wash my hair.

Thanks again everyone! This place is so helpful! And if anyone is interested, I have a pic in my profile, and i'll post one here too:

this is my newest color, after I recently had a MAJOR hair disaster.. i posted it on the blooper's board. Someday, I'll get back to my golden locks, but for now, this is nice It's a tad bit lighter and more golden in life than in the pic.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2004 at 5:05pm
Wow, you are very beautiful.
That's a really pretty dress. It's not often you see someone wearing a dress that color. At least I don't.
Is that from a prom or a wedding or ?

Thank you for sharing. Your hair looks great. I'm glad you found a few new things to try. I'm glad you're feeling ok about your color even though it's not quite what you want. I haven't changed mine at all myself but it was blonde as a kid and as you can see above it darkened to medium ash brown.

Keep up the good work. :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LunarFlame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2004 at 8:05pm
thanks for the complements *blushes*
My dress was for a prom. It was so expensive, that I had professional pictures taken in it when I had graduation pictures done.. lol I usually dont splurge like that!

I am happy my hair is what it is now. I am sure it will get a little lighter, and fade a tad bit. I am just going to let it be, and get some of its stregnth back!
Viktoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2004 at 3:37pm
I second Bubbas opinion - you look lovely, LunarFlame! The color of the hair is really becoming on you, however, I´m sure that you can carry any shade of blonde you choose.

The more you complain, the longer God lets you live.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2004 at 1:49pm
Hi Lunar Flame!

Your hair is very shiny and pretty. I can tell the jojoba works for you.

If I may suggest, there's no need to "scrub" the ends of your hair with shampoo. What I do is focus the shampoo on my scalp, and when rinsing allow the suds to flow through the ends; that is all the cleaning the ends need. HTH and glad to hear you have a new friend.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic