Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Favorite short hair style

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Brent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Favorite short hair style
    Posted: May 02 2003 at 3:02pm
People:

What is your favorite short hair style on a woman?

What is your favorite short hair style on a man?

Lady Maria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady Maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2003 at 6:47pm
To be honest Brent, I am not a big fan of real short hair on men.

I do like some short hairstyles on men if the style isn't too short. I like the style on men where they comb their hair straight back and it isn't too short. And natural looking hair too, not greased back but nicely combed back with the hair a little bit longer in back, just over the collar of their shirt. That's a nice look for a guy!

On women the short hairstyle I like best is probably something like I wear, a short pixie/crop.

As far as VERY short women's styles, I loved Susan Powter's very short, platinum-blonde flatop/crewcut look, cut close to the head.

Susan looked very dynamic in that style, and it looked perfect on her! I have seen other women with that style too, some of them looked great with hair that short!

If I only had the guts to try a style like that!
Well, maybe someday.
Lady Maria
Brent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2003 at 8:52pm
Maybe you should try Susan Powter's platinum crewcut look Maria.
Or try that short crop with your natural brunette hair.
You see it around on women. Try it!!! You've got the guts!!! Who is to stop you, you're an adult right. Unless you feel it would put you in a difficult position at your job. But I've seen a number of professional women and office women with hair that short.
Try it!
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2003 at 9:22pm
I really like a flat top on men. My husband had one for several years and I thought he looked very clean and sexy. On women I kind of like long on top with short sides and back. I don't know what you call that one but I think it is very pretty.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
KathyAnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KathyAnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2003 at 7:06pm
* My favorite short style on a woman?- Hmmmmm.......

It would depend on the woman really. Different styles look good on different women. It does depend.
* My significant other Tina is a small very feminine woman; a girly-girl, pretty/petite type. She wears her natural blonde hair in a short crop, perhaps you might describe it as a short pixie;> she has even gone shorter recently, her hair cut super short on the sides and in back nearly the length of a buzzcut, a little longer though on top and in front> perhaps a half an inch or so long.
Cute style on her, she's gorgeous with it.

*My favorite then?- I would have to say a short-short pixie is awfully cute on a gal assuming the woman is a feminine lady-like type.

*- On a taller bigger boned woman like myself short hair often doesn't look as good. Or at least not that short.
* Maybe that's why I wear my hair shoulder length.
Brent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2003 at 5:25pm
Welcome to the short hair board Kathy Ann. Your "lady/significant other" sounds cute with her short pixie!!!
KathyAnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KathyAnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2003 at 9:54pm
Hello Brent and thank you for the nice welcome!

* I have read some of your posts Brent, you and I have some similar interests. Like you, I am attracted to and enjoy being with attractive feminine women with short hair. Very cute and cuddly aren't they!

loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2003 at 9:19pm
Favorite style - I guess it depends on the face but generally I like it full with layers. I also like short bangs.
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2003 at 6:49pm
The woman I share my life with Kathy Ann described pretty well myself and my hair. Super short pixie.
...That's the short style I like best.
(- that and the short permed look that started in the 1920s.-)
tina
Brent E. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2003 at 7:24pm
Welcome to the Short Hair Board Tina.
It is nice that both you and your life partner Kathy Ann are both posting here.
Your hairdo sounds adorable Tina!
Brent E. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2003 at 7:24pm
Welcome to the Short Hair Board Tina.
It is nice that both you and your life partner Kathy Ann are both posting here.
Your hairdo sounds adorable Tina!
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2003 at 1:11am
Thanks Brent. Kathy Ann showed me this website. I've read a number of posts here. I am enjoying it. It's another thing that Kath and I can share since we both have an interest in hair, fashion, diet.
thanks for the hair compliment. I enjoy wearing my hair this short. It works for me and Kathy likes it on me.
Later on guy.
tina
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2003 at 4:43am
Came up in "fromt he past", think I'll reply it. . .

Originally posted by Brent Brent wrote:

People:

What is your favorite short hair style on a woman?

Probably no more than three or four inches, and preferably tapered to the neck (something I only wish my hair would lie right to do :-P ). I guess. . . *thinks* Anywhere between the Demi Moore _Ghost_ style and the Winona Ryder Pixie. I like to see the neck and ears clearly.

What is your favorite short hair style on a man?

I don't really pay much attention to men, but I guess on the right guy that really short, George Clooney kind of look, or maybe something with spikes if they're a bit messy and not so uniform. *shrugs*

More awesome than a manatee!
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2003 at 11:42pm
Kuroneko.
I appreciate that you have been open about your lesbianism with us on these boards.
As you know I am bisexual and I live with my lesbian lover Kathy Ann who also writes on these boards. I have been very open about my sexuality with people here. I am open in everyday life too but only if someone asks, I don't force it on to people.

The odds are that there are other gay, lesbian or bisexual people on these boards but most have not written about there sexual preference.

I believe since the hetrosexuals write often about their relationships on these boards that the G/L/B people should write about their relationships too if they want too.

The hetrosexual people who I have chatted with about these issues have been very respectful and nice to me which I really appreciate.
Thanks to all of you!

p.s.-Kuroneko. Someone asked you here once-(maybe it was even me!)- what kind of name Kuroneko is, what nationality or whatever. It is a different and interesting name. Would love to know what kind of name it is since the ethnicity of names is very interesting to me. Thanks!
tina
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2003 at 4:27am
I'm pretty shy IRL, but I'm neither blatant nor closeted about sexual preference. *shrugs* If it comes up, I'll talk about it, but if people are happier trying to ignore it and hope it'll go away, that's fine, too :-P . A lot of people around here seem to fall into the latter category :-P .
I probably answered before at some point, but. . . *shrugs* It's really very boring. "Kuroneko" is "black cat" in Japanese. About half my nicknames, both IRL and OL, have something to do with cats, really. This one, I wanted a nick I hadn't used anywhere before, and that one just came to mind, probably because of a doll I'd made that featured a kuroneko costume. *shrugs*

Originally posted by tina m tina m wrote:

Kuroneko.
I appreciate that you have been open about your lesbianism with us on these boards.
As you know I am bisexual and I live with my lesbian lover Kathy Ann who also writes on these boards. I have been very open about my sexuality with people here. I am open in everyday life too but only if someone asks, I don't force it on to people.

The odds are that there are other gay, lesbian or bisexual people on these boards but most have not written about there sexual preference.

I believe since the hetrosexuals write often about their relationships on these boards that the G/L/B people should write about their relationships too if they want too.

The hetrosexual people who I have chatted with about these issues have been very respectful and nice to me which I really appreciate.
Thanks to all of you!

p.s.-Kuroneko. Someone asked you here once-(maybe it was even me!)- what kind of name Kuroneko is, what nationality or whatever. It is a different and interesting name. Would love to know what kind of name it is since the ethnicity of names is very interesting to me. Thanks!
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2003 at 9:41am
Ok "Black cat" girl !
tina
nwhorselady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nwhorselady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2003 at 7:38pm
I like all kinds of short cuts even though I myself have had pretty long hair most of my life.
So anything that goes with anyone.
I do like the pixie cut a lot, but don't have the guts to cut mine that short yet. My hair is wavy and now quite curly and I have no idea how a pixie would affect that :)
I must say though Kathy, I don't quite agree with you on your: short-cuts-aren't-for-bigger-ladies comment! At our horsebarn are a bunch of larger ladies and most of them have short hair cuts and they all look fantastic. I am fairly tall and big-boned LOL and I also think my haircut looks fabulous on me. I have yet to receive a negative comment about chopping off my 17 inches of hair!!!!!
I also must comment on the sexual preference comments on this board:
I love people from all walks of life, I don't care if they are bi, gay or hetero like myself. I think it's hard enough to find someone to love who loves you back, so more power to anyone who finds someone regardless of sexual preference
Have a great night everyone!
Dagmar
Brent E. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2003 at 8:44pm
Well Dagmar/NWhorselady, you are a tolerant and progressive woman.
Also a lovely woman. You look very nice with your short hairdo.
If you went even shorter with a pixie cut, to be honest, I believe you would look even better. It would look sleeker and bring out your big beautiful eyes and features more, and with a nice pair of earrings you would have quite a nice look with a pixie hairdo.
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2003 at 12:29am
Hello Dagmar. I agree with Brent.

I too like your short hairstyle and you probably could go even shorter with your hair.

Short hair is fun and easy isn't it. I love wearing mine in a short pixie.

Thanks for your understanding Dagmar. As a bisexual woman I do appreciate hetrosexual people that are accepting of lesbian and bisexual women.
tina
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2003 at 5:17am
Pixies can work well on wavy hair, just if it's got a tendency to stick out in weird ways you might have to be a little careful. Although I have seen people work sticky-outy hair into their cuts before and have it look adorable. . . maybe I need to do that with the cowlick at my crown, actually, instead of fighting it :-P . . .
Oh, I'm kind of big, myself, but I don't let that bother me when it comes to hair. I've even seen people who outweigh me by a hundred pounds or more who can wear short hair and look great in it. Part of it is getting the right style for your face, but a lot of it is attitude, too. Even if she weighs three hundred pounds, a confident, well-dressed woman with an attractive short style will look nicer than a woman with long, shapeless hair, sweatpants, and low self-esteem. You just have to know how to work with what you have.

Originally posted by nwhorselady nwhorselady wrote:

I like all kinds of short cuts even though I myself have had pretty long hair most of my life.
So anything that goes with anyone.
I do like the pixie cut a lot, but don't have the guts to cut mine that short yet. My hair is wavy and now quite curly and I have no idea how a pixie would affect that :)
I must say though Kathy, I don't quite agree with you on your: short-cuts-aren't-for-bigger-ladies comment! At our horsebarn are a bunch of larger ladies and most of them have short hair cuts and they all look fantastic. I am fairly tall and big-boned LOL and I also think my haircut looks fabulous on me. I have yet to receive a negative comment about chopping off my 17 inches of hair!!!!!
I also must comment on the sexual preference comments on this board:
I love people from all walks of life, I don't care if they are bi, gay or hetero like myself. I think it's hard enough to find someone to love who loves you back, so more power to anyone who finds someone regardless of sexual preference
Have a great night everyone!
Dagmar
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic