Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why did you cut it?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2003 at 8:21pm
anya View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2004 at 12:36pm
im an asian sophomore in high school. I've had long hair as long as I can remember. It went all the way to my waist. and black Long wavy hair does look flirty sexy. But i've got so tired of how much time it took to style and whatever (also I think it makes you look shorter, since im short:)). yesterday I just got a drastic haircut for the first time in my life right under my chin. Oh my god, I love it already. It is so easy. I feel so free, cute, confident and sexy(different than flirty sexy) and fashionistic. hehe. and I want to make it more shorter, because im worried that it'll grow long fast. One thing I realized in people is that they(even boys) were much more friendly n' nice than before. Even someone wanted to hang out w/ me. very wierd. that's my story.
BaldJasmine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2004 at 8:54pm
That's wonderful anya! I'm so glad you like your new 'do girl!

I'm African-American and I've worn a short, natural afro for years and love it. I'm sold on short hair.
Brent E from San Francisco View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2004 at 6:57pm
Anya:
I must concur with my lady Jasmine.
That's excellent that you went short with your hair! Enjoy!
Osama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Osama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2004 at 10:44pm
You woman who tempt with your short hair are infidels!
Only men have right to wear there hair long or short.
I have long hair tied up under turban.
i do not use my hair as sexy suduction. Shame on you all
America' morals are corrupt. Gay marriage, gender confused, over weight. drug abuse, high divorce rates, the collapse of the family unit
Your society crumbles by your OWN actions, nobody needs to destroy it you are all destroying it yourselves, and you aall argue over everything. Haa i laugh at this. You are all at each other throats over everything, Hair? very sad.
Culture wars! haa
Gay marriage.
movies
The FCC
Janet Jasckson's boob
You cant agree on anything.
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2004 at 11:50pm
OK, so Osama's post is offensive.

The best thing to do now is ignore it, and don't respond. It has no place here and let's not dignify his comments with a response.
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2004 at 10:04am
It's not offensive at all. It's funny. Clearly written by a flamer who'll enjoy reading how angry he's gotten everyone. The choice of name, Osama, is one that will get people angry. And the choice of words is all wrong and rather crude for someone who isn't American or is a true Muslim.
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2004 at 11:02am
The old me would of had a remark to make! But the new me says let him be him- who cares! I get to grow out my hair and that makes me not care anymore! Have a nice day! Debbie
There is more to life than hair...Come on---Go get a life!!!!!!!
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2004 at 1:25pm
Yes America has it problems Osama. But you have worse problems.
Now that we have got old Saddam Hussein, you're next.
I have read how you are moving from Pakistan across the border to Afighanistan. We have got you on the run Osama. You're in bad shape. You're health is failing and the vice is tightening around you. It won't be long before you are deceased or in prison.
Osama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Osama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2004 at 8:03pm
Ahh let's be friends I just keed I keed.
In fact I open up Starbucks in Islamabad now working at Starbucks great. I serve great frapp.
My point still hold true though.
You all have issues. you create your own problems.
many because you all think your opinion better then everyone else.
I no flame, short hair vixens jealous of long hair blonde who lived in europe flame.
i just here to watch you all kill one another
And my health not bad. Your President Bush send my kidney medicine to me, in return I take blame for your tragedy two years ago.
It fun being poster boy
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2004 at 11:26pm
Osama's really Conan's puppet dog with the cigar, isn't he? I just keep waiting for him to end a post with, "For me to poop on!"
More awesome than a manatee!
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2004 at 7:51am
I thought that (true) guys name was "osamad"? Oh well- He is still someone that is playing on his parents computer! LOL! Debbie
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2004 at 1:24pm
Seems to have a few problems with grammer though. Confused their with there in his last post.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2004 at 6:07pm
I noticed that Karen removed this troll Osama's writing on another board. Maybe she will do the same here.
No "Osama", not every American believes we have the only right opinion, but since you are undoubtly an American yourself like most people on this website are, perhaps you were refering to yourself, even if you aren't bright enough to have a developed opinion about anything of importance.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2004 at 7:39pm
Hey everybody,

I was away for about a week on vacation... just getting over here today (I occasionally browse this forum).

I was the one who deleted the offensive posts of "Osama" on the Long Hair and Politics boards. Karen is also taking additional steps.. Anyway, I'm ready and willing to delete his first post in this thread and all follow-ups. But I sense some of ya don't mind the opportunity to take fair potshots at the troll. So, votes are solicited by response in this thread (Yes or No to deleting). The "poll" closes in about 24 hours, majority rules.

Oh, and if you ever see any troll posts in any of the talk boards here and think they should be deleted, feel free to bmail me. I don't (can't) keep up with every board or every thread on the site.

Thanks and happy voting.
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2004 at 8:33pm
Hi Dave- welcome back! I say that we buy him a websters dictionary so he can learn to spell. Then we teach him the right way, some manners to type on his parents computer! I still say he is just a kid! Just my two cents worth!
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2004 at 1:57am
*shrugs* I find him more amusing than offensive. He reminds me a lot of the puppet dog on Conan's show, who I find very amusing, in a strange sort of way. But if too many people are taking offence, I don't care if it is deleted. *shrugs* They're just nonsensical posts, anyway.
More awesome than a manatee!
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2004 at 11:30am
Well, maybe it's ok to leave these posts by him, but if this "Osama" punk writes anything else on the boards, I would delete him. Who needs the annoyance. Let's keep the boards mature and respectful and allow people to enjoy this website without these sorts of trolls.
StyleGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StyleGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2004 at 2:14pm
Maybe instead of deleting all the Osama posts, you can create a special Osama Board where all his posts get moved to.

That way, when any of us feel the need to read something silly, we can go there and have a good laugh.

I don't find them at all offensive. If anything, I would think those of Arabic ancestry might find them more offensive, because the comments are so stereotyped. There really aren't people who believe those things, are there? And if there were, wouldn't the fact that they read and post on these boards violate their own principles?

Perhaps debating something so trivial as hair length is a sign of Western World decline.

If that's the case though, the apocalypse must surely be imminent for those criticising the debate.
BaldJasmine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2004 at 4:40pm
Osama is offensive, especially to us women. Delete him.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic