Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hey, I did it!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BK View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hey, I did it!
    Posted: June 20 2003 at 9:18pm
Hey all-
Just wanted to let you know that I did it! I cut my hair quite short (a definite difference from my previous long hairstyle that was down to the middle of my back) and it looks FANTASTIC...

I posted this picture earlier this month, asking advice on whether or not this was a good style:

[http://www.lvrj.com/lvrj_home/2002/Sep-27-Fri-2002/photos/mcbride.jpg]

Well, I went to the salon and this was the style I got. Looks great on my heart shaped face (I guess I misinterpreted my face shape previously, but I was corrected) and easy to take care of. Much encouragement came from reading many of your positive short hair posts in the past. Thanks!
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2003 at 10:04pm
Great BK!!!
That's a lovely style!

How much did you get cut off? Is your hair also brunette?
How do you like your new style? Have you been out on the town yet with your new style and what kind of reactions are you getting?

Keep us informed young lady!
tina
BK View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2003 at 12:53am
Thank you!

I got about 12-14" taken off...I love my new style, and the great thing about it is no matter what I do with it (wind, humidity, product, whatever) it still looks like the same tousled bedhead do (what luck!).
I am indeed a brunette, more of a medium-dark shade of brown. I have been considering either adding auburn lowlights into my hair or completely coloring it a rich coffee bean brown/the darkest brown shade before black. Maybe both
What do you think of these options (or any different suggestions)? My skin is somewhat of a peaches and cream tone.

Have only had a few reactions so far...it took friends and family an extra moment to recognize who I was.
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2003 at 7:44pm
Hard to say what color your hair should be without seeing a photo of you.
You can never go wrong with your natural color however.
tina
HeadBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2003 at 2:51pm
I agree with Tina m, God seems to have a better idea of what goes best with our skin tones than the stylist usually does.
At least in my case. I died my hair most every color when I was in my early 20's, it was fun but now, my kids get to see the pictures and laugh at dad. Like Nick Lowe said, "time wounds all heals" and it has with me. :-)
However, even permanent hair color is not permanent, so live it up.
Peace to all
fallon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fallon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2003 at 5:35pm
oh no headboy, im in my early 20s and have had my hair like every color of the rainbow and then some....does this means im destined to have my kids make fun of current pictures of me? actually, ive thought of that before and i think thats going to be loads of fun to show pictures to my kids when i have them someday of when mommy was a "freak". lol
perhaps someday i'll grow out of the piercings and multi colored hair as well, strange to think....
until then, i think im going hot pink next week
whitney_brett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitney_brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2003 at 10:52pm
i just cropped my hair a smimilar way, BK...it's so fun isn't it!?
"Honey, I've always said if your genitals are on the outside, you're hiding something on the inside!" ~ Karen Walker ...~*Whitney*~...
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2003 at 11:23pm
Geat BK and Whitney! Enjoy your adorable short hairstyles!
tina
~QueenzBalla~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~QueenzBalla~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2004 at 7:06pm
Whitney is that u in that pic? I love short hair and everytime i read a supportive post of short hair it makes me love it and want 2 cut mine even more because i was going 2 get it cut anyway 4 the summer so i planned on getting it cut in the spring because its winter right now over here in Queens (NY),but i want 2 get it cut even soon than that.Hopefully i'll get it done this season.
---------->I love<3 this game!
lizzy_jad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzy_jad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2004 at 2:09am
Nice hairstyle and cute!!
lizzy
highlights2004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote highlights2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2004 at 4:31am
hello just to say that the new hair cut looks cool
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic