Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2003 Version Of The Twiggy?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2003 Version Of The Twiggy?
    Posted: July 22 2003 at 10:36am
Hi all,

Yes, I was reading all the hair mags last night as well. :-) Anyway, supposedly one of the hottest short cuts is the 2003 version of the Twiggy except with really long bangs. Have you all seen it? What do you think?

Bangs are certainly huge right now.

I think I would prefer it w/out bangs but I think it would depend on the face shape.

What do you think? Did you like the Twiggy look? Did you like it with or without bangs?

Thanks,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Constance View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Constance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2003 at 11:54am
Hey Karen,

Glad to see you on the boards. You have been MIA again. :-)??? Anyway, I think the Twiggy style that is popular today looks good w/ or w/out bangs depending on the person and their hair color and face shape. I saw a woman last week with a short Twiggy but she had gorgeous blueblack hair and long thick bangs brushed to the side. She looked amazing. She had on a lot of eye makeup and her eyes literally popped. Very striking. I think no bangs would not have been as good for her.

Just my 2cents.

Constance
Brent E. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2003 at 1:19pm
I agree, it depends upon how a woman looks with or without bangs.
I liked Twiggy's look (I am 40ish so I remember Twiggy as a kid). She may have been a little too thin, but she was pretty and had a great short hairstyle.
I see looks like that around on women, I like it!!!
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2003 at 5:00pm
I remember the Twiggy haircut from the '60s but I haven't seen the new version. Does anyone have a link to a picture?
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2003 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by demodoll demodoll wrote:

I remember the Twiggy haircut from the '60s but I haven't seen the new version. Does anyone have a link to a picture?

Yes, Marley Shelton is probably the best example...

Pics can be at www.wireimage.com!
Brent E. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2003 at 7:38pm
Marley Shelton in her very short pixie is adorable.
In fact she is prettier than Twiggy ever was.

Her hairdo is different than Twiggy's too. Marley has shorter hair. A comparison of Marley's hairstyle to past times might be Mia Farrow with her ultra-short pixie.
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2003 at 10:01pm
I agree Brent,..... Marley's hair is Mia Farrow pixie length in some of the photos I have seen.

Marley in my opinion is more beautiful than Twiggy or Mia.

And I love her short hair .She looks great!
tina
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2003 at 1:57am
I love retro, so Twiggy hair is still very cool, to me :-) . Although I really prefer not to have my bangs at or below my eyebrows, since they're distracting to me that way, and I always end up pushing them out of the way.
bronnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bronnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2003 at 9:59am
OK I'll confess I did not know who twiggy is so I did a search for her on google. Most of the pictures I found show her with long hair but I don't really get what is distinctive about her short haircut. I mostly just see goofy eylashes - gawd I hope that look doesn't come back. Can someone who knows more about haircutting explain it to me? What would make a haircut a "Twiggy" look?
Brent E. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2003 at 11:13am
Twiggy the famous British fashion of the 60s and 70s cut her hair very short everywhere except in front. She had long bangs that she pushed to the side. Also dark mascara and eyeliner and long eyelashes.
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2003 at 1:16pm
http://www.geocities.com/anissa919/
http://www.geocities.com/anissa919/

here's a few pics of Twiggy in her classic style. She is classic in her look. I love it.

Jacqui
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic