Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Curly

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Argente View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Curly
    Posted: July 23 2003 at 11:34pm
At the moment I have Long thick curly hair and am wanting to cut it short. Any sugestions???
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2003 at 12:33am
I went from long hair to short, so I know it is quite a transition.
As far as telling you how to deal with curly hair, I can't really. My hair is as straight as it gets.

Why don't you just go to a good beauty salon,...-(and go to a good one, not Cost Cutters, where they have inexperienced people)- and talk to an experienced stylist. They can show you photos and give you ideas on what style to go to!
tina
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2003 at 2:03am
I don't have curly hair, but I know people who do, and I have to say you've got to be careful with taking curly hair short. If it's very curly, you could end up with an afro. If it's less curly, it's likely the curls will decide to poke out in strange ways sometimes. Curly hair can go short well, but it's important to use a stylist who knows your hair well, and will know how to best cut it to look and act the way you want.
Speaking from opinion, I think curly hair is best if it's very short, so it's not too poofy or out of control, but that's just based on people I've seen or known. Definitely your results will depend on how curly it is and the style you want.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic