Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Feel Sexier/Prettier?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Feel Sexier/Prettier?
    Posted: November 13 2003 at 2:44am
You hear all the long-haired girls say how much sexier they feel in long hair, so I thought we should see how many women actually feel prettier or sexier in short hair?
As for myself, I definitely feel prettier in short hair. If my hair gets too long, that's when I feel ashamed and unattractive. If my hair gets longer, I feel like going out and about less, and I'm more likely to dodge cameras. I just feel plainer and more awkward if my hair is longer. . . it's like not only do I have something to hide behind, but having it makes me feel I have reason to hide :-P .
I have a hard time seeing myself as sexy no matter what I look like, but I can definitely say I find short hair sexy on others. I'm a fan of ears and napes, so the hair I find sexiest is cut above both. And definitely I like layers, because short, layered hair just feels nice, almost like fur. Long hair doesn't have the same softness, and all it does is tangle around your fingers, anyway, which definitely isn't sexy :-P .
More awesome than a manatee!
Laine1998 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laine1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2003 at 7:28am
This will be interesting to see what the results are!
Twanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2003 at 8:43am
Yes, I feel sexier with short hair than long.

An earlobe peeking out or the entire ear is very sexy especially with the georgeous turquoise earrings my husband gave me just because. He also likes to kiss the back of my neck when my hair is short and that's sexy too.

My hair is fine, and when it gets to my shoulders or longer I fell like the stereotypical mousy librarian (you know the unattractive one). Taking off the glasses and shaking my hair never resulted in the sexy long haired goddess thing either.

With short hair, I don't dwell on my hair like I do when it's long, limp and lank, I just wash it and go. And that in itself is sexy.

Twanda

tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2003 at 10:10am
I feel sexier with short hair!
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2003 at 4:02pm
That is an interesting question. I have never had long hair since my hair is real fine and tends to look really, really horrible once it reaches my shoulders. I did have a mid neck length blunt bob for many years and I got tons of compliments on it and felt really sexy. I cut my hair very short about five years ago and I was really freaked about it for a long time (years!). That is how I found this board actually. I looked and looked for a sexy short hairstyle that my hair would actually do. It was tough going because a lot of hairstylists don't get fine hair and you have to be careful if it is really short. But I was determined to find the right cut and I believe I have finally gotten it right. My hair is really short now but cut wispy (those of you who are old enough think of Joey Heatherton in the '60s when she cut her hair short). It is easy, fun, and I finally feel pretty again because my hair doesn't "fall anymore.

Now my next problem is that since I am 47 I just don't get the attention I used to, no matter what. It is just a fact of life I guess but middle aged women become invisible amid a sea of midriff bearing young Britney Spears hotties. Even if I had the body, I wouldn't dress that way anymore because I think it just looks ridiculous on us "older" gals. So I'll settle for being told that I look 35 and hope that people can see the light of happiness in my face. And maybe bleach my teeth.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
BaldJasmine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2003 at 5:22pm
I have always felt very attractive and quite sexy with short hair.

I'm African-American and wear my hair in a very close-cropped afro. Not only do I feel I have the looks for the close to the head crop but I feel it is part of my ethnic tradition,... considering how many women in Africa wear their hair short or shave their heads.
I have never felt anything but alluring with a short haircut. I've never had a problem attracting men. I feel very feminine! It's never been anything but a joy for me to have short hair!
I think I felt even sexier the years I shaved my head. There is something about a smooth, clean-shavin scalp. I loved to get all dressed up as sexy as possible when I had a shaved head. I got more, not less attention from men.
I still like to dress up plenty fancy and go out on the town. To me a short cropped hairstyle is modern and chic, and part of my image of who I am as a sexy, urban, modern, liberated woman.
So yes, I do feel short hair can be very sexy on a lady, and many men seem to agree, including the newest man I'm seeing, none other than Brent who also writes on this website.
Melba View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2003 at 7:29pm
Hi BaldJasmine. I'm also a black woman. I wear a short twa too. I love havin short hair.

Sure the men like it. Of course it's pretty if the style looks right on a lady.
breece View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2003 at 9:30am
I have my moment with each. I feel sassy and confident with short. I feel sultry and classic with long
Loiving a good life is not regretting it
at 60.
Brent E from San Francisco View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2003 at 10:53am
To me most women look better with short hair.
I would hope that they feel pretty with a delightful short hairdo!
Golden_Curls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Golden_Curls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2003 at 2:34pm
NO WAY LONG HAIR LOOKS SEXIER....THOSE THAT CAN'T GROW LONG HAIR OF COURSE ARE GONNA SAY THEY FEEL BETTER WITH SHORT HAIR...NOT EVERYONE CAN GROW LONG HAIR. I USE TO HAVE LONG HAIR DOWN TO MY WAIST...NOW IS AT SHOULDER LENGTH AND I DONT FEEL AS ATTRACTIVE WHEN I USE TO HAVE LONG HAIR.
LONG HAIR LOOKS PRETTIER ON WOMEN
Laine1998 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laine1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2003 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Brent E from San Francisco Brent E from San Francisco wrote:

To me most women look better with short hair.

Honestly, I've wondered about that on myself. I have a chubby face so I don't know how it would look. I've been tempted to buy one of those hairdo software dealies but I just never have.
I've long hair for a while now, and I love it. I really do think that many of those short hair cuts are SOOO cute though.

But, then again, short to me is like shoulder length. Its all in the perseption (Spelling).
KathyAnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KathyAnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2003 at 5:35pm
It depends upon the woman.
*Some women really do look sexier with short hair. Some short haired women are real temptresses.
Is it possible for a woman to look any better than Alyssa Milano, Halle Berry, or Charlize Theron when they are wearing their short 'dos!
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2003 at 12:16pm
Laine:
I'm sure there is a short hairstyle that would look good on you. Trying a virtual machine to see how you would look in various short styles isn't a bad idea.
Most importantly do what you like. It's your hair.

Kathy Ann:
I couldn't agree more. The short haired women you mentioned are adorable!
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2003 at 12:22pm
Speaking of Alyssa Milano, I guess she is going to keep her hair real short for the part in her show! Wonderful!
Halle Berry is of course beautiful with her extensions but really looked even better with her short crop. I'm sure she will go back to wearing her short hairdo in public(we can hope). There is no doubt whatsoever that Charlize looked better in her very short pixie. She was just gorgeous in that hairdo!
strawberiblonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberiblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2003 at 8:48pm
[QUOTE=demodoll] My hair is really short now but cut wispy (those of you who are old enough think of Joey Heatherton in the '60s when she cut her hair short). It is easy, fun, and I finally feel pretty again because my hair doesn't "fall anymore.

demodoll, I just saw this post. I am in a similar situation and am struggling right now with the decision to grow my hair back out into a bob, or keep trying to find the right short cut for my fine hair. (I am also over 40) I "sort of" remember Joey's hair - do you have a photo or your cut or is there a similar one in the gallery? I keep going back and forth on what to do, and I have a hair appointment on Wednesday!
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2003 at 12:30pm
Twanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2003 at 1:47pm
I really like the pic you posted from the gallery, bet your hair looks really good.

Twanda
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2003 at 4:47pm
Thanks. I am finally really enjoying it and the reactions I get from people too. Some are soooo surprised that short hair can actually look good. One friend****ed her head and said: "Well, that is really attractive." I wish I had the courage to go that blonde though. I doubt that I could afford the upkeep.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2003 at 12:13pm
Great Demodoll! Good for you, I bet you look wonderful!
Amanda Leigh View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda Leigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2003 at 8:25pm
Each length kind of has a different feel... long hair is more feminine and soft I would say... and I like being able to put it in hot rollers and make it look like the covers on cosmopolitan.... sexy 'big' hair kind of...
Short hair is easier to style though... I love flipping it out... just looks better on short styles...
Usually, when I have long hair, I want short hair and when I have short hair I want long hair... hehe... I do'nt really like medium length though....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic