Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Wax

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Twanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Wax
    Posted: November 24 2003 at 1:55pm
Last week I went to a new stylist and she put hair wax on my hair for texture and definition. I've never used hair wax before because I was afraid it would weigh my fine hair down and make it look greasy too, but it didn't. I don't know what she used, didn't think to ask her, but I would like to buy some (doesn't have to be what she used). I've looked at one hair supply place and there seems to be 2 types of hair wax, one that really does kinda look like wax and one that looks more like conditioner. It was not a "wet" look. Any suggestions, recommendations?

Twanda
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2003 at 8:00pm
I don't use that stuff. I like the dry look.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2003 at 11:51am
My gf use to use a wax that came in a gaint chapstick looking tube...

Tina.. wax used right should not make the wet look!
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2003 at 8:07pm
If you find out what it was please post it! I have tried them all. My hairdresser uses one from Wella that sprays out of a pressurized can like hairspray on my hair and when he does it it looks great. So I bought some and used just a tiny little drop and got grease city. Really bad. It may just be that you have to know how to use it.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Twanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2003 at 5:59pm
I bought some Ion texturizing hair wax at Sally's a few days ago. I use very little for separating my bangs some and a little at the roots to add height to the top of my hair.

I also bought some hair paste from L'oreal in a pump, but too much came out and of course I put it all on my hair, really really bad idea.

I like the Ion hair wax better because I don't get so carried away with it.

Twanda
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2003 at 9:58pm
To me hair looks better and feels better if you don't put wax, gels or any of that in your hair.
If you get the right haircut you shouldn't really have to do much to it. Just use a good shampoo and conditioner and really any decent shampoo or conditioner will do, then just comb or brush your hair.
If you put too much gunk in your hair it doesn't look good, you can usually tell if that stuff is in someone's hair and your hair won't feel as good to your lover either.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2003 at 11:24pm
You must have hair that naturally behaves, then. Mine grows in the wrong direction in some places, so it tends to stick up in places :-( . People like me can seldom get away without using some sort of product.
More awesome than a manatee!
Twanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2003 at 8:20am
Well the right hair cut certainly does help, but playing with different hair products can be both beneficial and fun.

Twanda
KathyAnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KathyAnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2003 at 1:52am
The haircut is the most important thing, for any length of hair.
KathyAnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KathyAnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2003 at 1:53am
If you do use anything on your hair, the best thing to do is use only as much as you need.
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2003 at 6:03am
When i had my hair really short last year, the only way I could get it to look cool and chic was to use product. Otherwise i looked like my aunt, who cuts her hair short because it is convenient and does nothing with it. it is very thick and when short, it tends to feather like billy jean king's circa 1976 if left to dry alone without product.

So I had to blow it dry and then put wax in at the tips and over the ears to get it to separate and point downward toward my nape and neck.

I used tigi beadhead shine junkie and hair mud.

both were awesome.

Jacqui
Twanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2003 at 1:45pm
Thanks hairalways, I may give one or both of them a try.

Twanda
strawberiblonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberiblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2003 at 12:50pm
My favorite wax for my fine hair is John Frieda sheer blonde spun gold shaping and highlighting balm (how's that for a name?). It is made for blondes, but he has a similar product for other hair colors - they both come in a small round tin, and you can get them at the drugstore. The trick is to apply a small amount to your fingertips, then rub your hands together until only a sheer film of the product is on your hands - that way you can distribute the product evenly and it won't clump and get greasy.

I also tried that spray on wax that demodoll mentioned, and had the same problem with it becoming super greasy. I think the brand I used was Paul Mitchell.

Also, I would disagree that one only needs a great cut and no product. While that may be true for some hair types, products makes *all* the difference on my very fine hair. Without some type of volumizer it would lay flat to my head. I also have friends with curly hair, and their hair would be a frizzy mess without using some type of product. JMO.
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2003 at 8:44am
I have to have products too. My hair is baby fine and looks really flat and bad without something to give it a bit of life. A bit of gel and some hairspray. I don't use a lot of conditioner and stuff though so maybe that makes up for it.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Sploosh View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sploosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2003 at 5:56pm
Is hair wax bad for your hair?
~QueenzBalla~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~QueenzBalla~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2004 at 5:45pm
I wouldnt no about hair wax or anything like that because i dont even use it.
---------->I love<3 this game!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic