Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Would i look good with this bob style?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Riba View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Would i look good with this bob style?
    Posted: July 28 2004 at 3:24am
Hi I'm new here
I came across the wonder pics of a bobbed style that i like very much. The pics are of a brunette and I'm blonde but I wanted imput.IThe pics of me are from last fall but I planning on having new still shots done with a new hairstyle ( I model) By looking at my pics do you think I could pull this haircut off. Would i look alright with it?
Please let me know
Thanx in advance all
ME-

And here's the style i want i dont like the finished result but the iterm is very nice so here is the pics that show how i would like it cut. I dont knwo how the naope shoudl lok though tapered? clippered? Looks like in the pic the woman hair is an angled bob slighty and higher in the back up to the middle of the ears.

http://www.italianhairfashion.com/dicembre_02/make217037.jpg
http://www.italianhairfashion.com/dicembre_02/make217038.jpg
http://www.italianhairfashion.com/dicembre_02/make217036.jpg
http://www.italianhairfashion.com/dicembre_02/make217014.jpg
http://www.italianhairfashion.com/dicembre_02/make217019.jpg
http://www.italianhairfashion.com/dicembre_02/make217010.jpg
llama_man666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote llama_man666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2004 at 5:01am
go for it, itd look good. And im talkin bout the irst one,
Riba View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2004 at 5:23am
Yea I like it too.
I wonder if my hair would look sleek like that. My hair is blonde. it might not look as good in my color

This pic you can se my current hair length better
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2004 at 6:57am
you would look absolutely stunning in that cut GO FOR IT!!!!
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2004 at 7:02am
I think you should only do it if you are tried of being a model.
The Riddler View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Riddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2004 at 9:05am
It does seem odd that a model could come here to ask for advice on a style that would not work with a modelling career.

Originally posted by Hal Hal wrote:

Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2004 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by The Riddler The Riddler wrote:

It does seem odd that a model could come here to ask for advice on a style that would not work with a modelling career.

Not so odd to me that a model would look here for advice but VERY odd a model would want such a harse hair style unless she didn't want to be a model anymore...

Very troll like in my opinion!
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2004 at 1:25pm

Originally posted by The Riddler The Riddler wrote:

Not so odd to me that a model would look here for advice but VERY odd a model would want such a harse hair style unless she didn't want to be a model anymore...

Very troll like in my opinion! Now if this isn't a troll and you would like to see how you look in other styles.. email me! I'll change your hair in your pics.
Scott365 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott365 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2004 at 1:36pm
Wow... i'm a sucker for blonde bobs, and you would make a very good looking bob girl. I say go for it... you do mean in the last picture for it to the be that short all the way around right? Your not gonna leave it long on the rest and short on that one side? I hope not! Good luck, let us know how it goes!
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2004 at 7:11pm
Posts from Hal and "The Riddler" made me go "hmmm..."

So I checked the IP address. I suspect this person has previously posted as "bowlhead" and "Jimmy The King."
Riba View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2004 at 9:52pm
Jimmy is my boyfriend.
He post here. he said i should get your opinion because your experts on hair.
Why is unusual to have short hair and model.
Talent Scouts tell me i should hack my hair off to stand out. I didnt know if i wanted to but then i foudn this style. I think if i have to have short hair i should have style i want.
I want to make fashion statement but am still a little afraid
Riba View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2004 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by Scott365 Scott365 wrote:

Wow... i'm a sucker for blonde bobs, and you would make a very good looking bob girl. I say go for it... you do mean in the last picture for it to the be that short all the way around right? Your not gonna leave it long on the rest and short on that one side? I hope not! Good luck, let us know how it goes!

Oh no scott I want the final result of the cut like the first two pics. Sorry i didnt post the pics in order
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2004 at 10:19pm
you should absolutely do that
it would look stunning on you
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2004 at 11:12pm
I would just go for a chin length bob (or slightly shorter). The other is too severe. You could have it slightly angled up in the back with it tapered.
miss brenda View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss brenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2004 at 11:46pm
Obviously many female models have bob cuts or hair even shorter than that. Have you guys ever looked at a woman's fashion magazine? Geeezzz!

Riba, if you have been advised by fashion experts that you would look better and attract more attention with a bob cut, then go for it.

I know when I first went to a bob cut after having long hair, I got more attention, not less, from men, and I know for a fact that because many women wear bob cuts or even shorter hair than that, that they like to see women fashion models with bob cuts or short hair. That is why so many women's fashion magazines feature women with bobs, short spkey looks, pixies, short crops, etc..
Riba View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2004 at 12:39am
Originally posted by miss brenda miss brenda wrote:

Obviously many female models have bob cuts or hair even shorter than that. Have you guys ever looked at a woman's fashion magazine? Geeezzz!

Riba, if you have been advised by fashion experts that you would look better and attract more attention with a bob cut, then go for it.

I know when I first went to a bob cut after having long hair, I got more attention, not less, from men, and I know for a fact that because many women wear bob cuts or even shorter hair than that, that they like to see women fashion models with bob cuts or short hair. That is why so many women's fashion magazines feature women with bobs, short spkey looks, pixies, short crops, etc..

Aww thank you your very nice.
Actually my talent agenency suggested I get my hair cut short but didnt specify how short. They keep saying very short or drastic.
My boyfriend Jimmy who post here says it doesnt matter either way how i wear my hair. he is ok with it and supportive. But It's been a ccouple of months they have told me i could generate more attention with short hair and stand out.
My Bf said if I had to go with hosrt hair he does liek bobs. So started looking up sites and pics.
And I like the ones i showed from the italainhair site.
Miss brenda do you agree it is ok looking?
It seems many here are saying it's too drastic.
It's only slightly above the lips?
I've sen models with buzzcuts beofre. i dotnt hink this is that severe. I just dont know how the back should be cut. I think maybe like the firt two pics it shows the back is bobbed around mid ear lenght. That's where i need advice if i go thru with it i need a plan . Should it be tapered below that? buzzed clippered, cut with scissors?
What would look better?

Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2004 at 1:12am
Just on the off chance it is a real post, might as well try to give an honest reply. . .
I really don't like the style in the pics at all-- it's very boring. If a bob is preferred, I would say some sort of layered or piecy one. I don't care for bobs in general, but ones that do something are preferable to ones that just sit there.
More awesome than a manatee!
Riba View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2004 at 1:46am
I'm sorry if i bothered anybody.
Im also sorry if people come here are not honest.
I found several more pics of that haircut.
It shows the back better.
I dotn knoww hat to think. It's very cute. But I need unbiased support
My modeling agegency say cut it short and dont say what style
and my BF says it doent matter but he likes bobs.
Hair shouldnt be this stressful

http://www.italianhairfashion.com/dicembre_02/make217061.jpg
http://www.italianhairfashion.com/dicembre_02/make217063.jpg
http://www.italianhairfashion.com/dicembre_02/make217057.jpg

Hairdude02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairdude02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2004 at 3:37am
Originally posted by Riba Riba wrote:

I'm sorry if i bothered anybody.
Im also sorry if people come here are not honest.
I found several more pics of that haircut.
It shows the back better.
I dotn knoww hat to think. It's very cute. But I need unbiased support
My modeling agegency say cut it short and dont say what style
and my BF says it doent matter but he likes bobs.
Hair shouldnt be this stressful

http://www.italianhairfashion.com/dicembre_02/make217061.jpg
http://www.italianhairfashion.com/dicembre_02/make217063.jpg

Hairdude02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairdude02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2004 at 3:46am
Oops...Sorry about the other post.

Riba, Your right, deciding to get your haircut should not be this stressful.
I personally think you should go for it. I do not think the cut you suggested is too short and you have the beautiful features to accentuate the style. I'd say go for it, but I am no hair expert. I just know what I like. Good luck and I would love to see the results.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic