Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bob cuts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Camille83 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camille83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bob cuts
    Posted: August 08 2004 at 9:52pm
I've seen allot of posts lately on the Short Hair board about bob haircuts especially short bobs but what I really want to know is a bob haircut considered to be a short haircut or a medium length haircut because I always wondered about it for awhile and I hope this isn't a dumb question to ask

I almost forgot to say that I've been seriously thinking about getting a bob haircut either a angled jaw length bob or go for a drastic change like a short bob at mid earlobe length with maybe short bangs and would I have to get a buzzed nape if I decided to get the short bob and thanks for any advise you can give me about getting a bob haircut

Camille
nygal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nygal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2004 at 10:06pm
Hi Camille..no, it's not a dumb question. Here's a website that shows lots of pictures of bobs. They can be short, medium, or long. It looks like most of them have bangs. I believe if they aren't tapered in the back and if they don't have bangs, then they are called page boys, but I'm not sure. So, here's the site. http://www.bobhaircuts.com/worship_bobs.html

Kathy
I bought some batteries, but they weren't included.
.....Steven Wright
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2004 at 11:26pm
I think it depends on whom you ask. Some people think shoulder-length hair is short, but I think the generally most-accepted definition is that short is around chin-length or above. (And then there are very odd people like me-- I think short is when you can see the ears and neck, but that's way unusual).
I can't help much about picking a bob style, but the site linked in that other post is probably the best place to start, if you're looking for one-- that place is massive O_O .
More awesome than a manatee!
Camille83 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camille83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2004 at 11:09pm
Hey everybody

A month ago I told everyone on here that I was thinking about getting a new bob haircut but I still can't decide on which bob I want yet and my choices are a angled jaw length bob or some thing more drastic like a short mid earlobe length bob with short bangs or fringe and a buzzed nape so can anybody please help me decide

Oh I do have a picture of the short bob that I'm thinking about getting and it's on a web site the address is www.ladies-haircut.net when you get there look on the left side of the page then click on Haircut-Videos and then scroll down to HCV9 or Haircut-Video 9 and tell me what everyone thinks about that bob

Camille
Twanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2004 at 8:47am
That looks like a cute bob, the bangs look awfully short though.

Twanda
buzzedboblover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buzzedboblover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2004 at 2:12pm
I'd say go for it ! The style you are looking at is a really sexy short bob. If you are daring enough just book an appointment and go get it cut.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2004 at 2:29pm
Looks cute to me! I love the bangs-of course, I like short bangs- I think it really emphasizes the eyes.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2004 at 3:19pm
you ask for an opinion so I'm going to give you mine... TO ME... I looks like a fetish hack job. I think any well meaing 10 year old could do a better job, that being said - if you like it,go for it but expect strange looks when you go to the mall.
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2004 at 10:42pm
Wow Hal....

That looks alot like some haircuts i've seen of yours???

We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2004 at 6:54am
Originally posted by arch94 arch94 wrote:

Wow Hal....

That looks alot like some haircuts i've seen of yours???

??????????????????
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2004 at 3:07am
Bangs a bit too short, back might look better tapered, but cute otherwise.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2004 at 3:15am
Looking over the rest of the videos they offer, I feel sorry for some of those models. . . some of the styles there truly are bizarre, aren't they?
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2004 at 6:31am
That site makes my stomach turn...You know those women did it for the money.....Not because they thought it would look nice, or it is something they wanted freely to do. They literally needed money so badly that they compromised themselves.

Sick.

jacqui
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2004 at 8:29am
cute cut keep the bangs longer
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!
Brent E from San Francisco View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2004 at 6:22pm
Not necessarily Jacqui, I think you are being very narrow minded. I have known several women who have gone from very long hair to ultra short hair who love their short hairdos.

By the way Jacqui, I asked you this before on another thread and you didn't anser my question. Is that beautiful woman in the photo you?
Jimmy the King View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy the King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2004 at 7:55pm
I dunno I think i agree here with Jacqui,
It's one thing if they wanted short hair or ultra short styles going from long to short. but The whloe no bang thing just screams your not getting a style your getting butchered.
Dont get me wrong if their hair was cut all one lenght as short as the no bangs then it would be considered a conventional ulrta short style. but The hairline length bangs just doesnt look right with those bobs. And in my opinion no woman would ask for that combo.
A conventional even buzzed nape bob ? yes and short bang bob yes.
But pixie no bangs with a bob? no

llama_man666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote llama_man666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2004 at 5:02pm
Alot of haircut sites are cool. And its not as if they go the distance just for money. go o haircut.net and see many of the people want to do it and not for the money. and also, what do you look like now?
Jamie Bailey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamie Bailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2004 at 8:24am
I think that you should go with the jaw length angled bob. That look is soo hot to me. I'm a guy and until a couple of months ago had my ahir cut in a bob just below my ears with bangs. I loved that style on me but had to cut it shorter for a new job. But I do LOVE that length and style on girls.
Camille83 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camille83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2004 at 9:22pm
Hey everybody on the Short Hair message board I just wanted to tell everyone on here that I have decided to get a angled jaw length bob instead of the short mid ear length bob with the very short bangs but I will be getting a buzzed nape and the reason why I didn't like the short bob with the really short bangs is because of everybody on here and my hair stylist said the bangs were too short on me

So my haircut appointment is for this Saturday to get a new jaw length bob which will be angled and a buzzed nape too but no bangs for now and maybe some blonde high lights

Camille
NapeTrimmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NapeTrimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2004 at 12:40am

Camille,
Sounds great, Will pics be posted?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic