Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BaldJasmine...your comments

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BodyGuard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BodyGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BaldJasmine...your comments
    Posted: November 07 2004 at 6:32pm
I'm also a black woman with short hair. I'm not bald, but a few weeks ago I was because of a barber misunderstanding. Anyway I was wondering if you ever considered getting waves? I'm not sure if you know what they look like, but if you go over to the Men's 360 board many of the guys there have links to their pictures.

I only asked because when I cut my hair that was the reason why. I really like the way waves look, but I didn't know it would be that much work.

"i will make life very uncomfortable 4 u on the internet....u mess wit me bad enough..." -Cardinal an e-thug at his finest.
BaldJasmine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2004 at 3:43pm
Hi Bodyguard.
Do you use the name Bodyguard because you liked the movie of that name that featured Whitney Houston and Kevin Costner?

Yes I have had short wavy hair before. I had my hair done a few years back in finger waves. My hair was cut short on the sides and in back with finger waves .
I had my hair relaxed and then permed, styled and cut.
It was a great look but expensive upkeep.
I soon went back to wearing a very short natural afro again.

Lately I've been shaving my head and wearing the bald look. I wear headscarves or wigs at work.
I might grow my hair out again into a short afro. That is the easiest style to maintain, just get it cut every few weeks. Since it is very short I don't have to spend any time or money on stylin' it.
I like the bald look I'm niow wearing too, but in order to keep my head from having stubble and to keep it smooth, I have to lather and shave it every day, so it is just as much work as having longer hair.
BodyGuard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BodyGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2004 at 5:16pm
I chose the name because it is what the guys around campus call me. They say I look sneaky. :)

I remember finger waves back in the early 90's, my brother had some. I was only about 5 so I don't remember them that well.

I don't think I could be bald though, I have an odd shaped head. :) But I agree that it is the cheapest. I've spent almost $10 since I've been in school on hair products. That's tons when I have to buy gas, snacks, and other stuff off of $50 a month.

"i will make life very uncomfortable 4 u on the internet....u mess wit me bad enough..." -Cardinal an e-thug at his finest.
BaldJasmine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2004 at 5:06pm
Good luck with whatever short hairstyle you are wearing Bodyguard.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic