Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Headscene website

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BaldJasmine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Headscene website
    Posted: November 24 2004 at 8:46pm
Does anyone have any information about what happened to the "Headscene" website?
Apparently it has been discontinued, despite good participation from many people.
It was a site dedicated to women who wear short hairstyles or shaved heads.
It was a quality site, with a very good and interesting forum.
Does anyone know what happened to it?
Tall girl View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tall girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2004 at 1:04pm
I have seen Headscene before.

I just tried it and I couldn't get on it either.

Who knows what happened to it? It was a cool website.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2004 at 5:36pm
I found out that the guy who owned "Headscene" decided not to renew it for some reason. Maybe he no longer wanted to pay for it. He gave us no explanation, he just decided to discontinue it.

Too bad, it was a very fashionable and intelligent site, not a dumbed down fetish site, it was much classier than that.
jim/artemidoros View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jim/artemidoros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2004 at 6:35pm
Dear Jasmine,
We haven't talked alot, but I was wondering if any of the regulars are chatting at some other message board. I know you know Monique, John, Carol and some of the others who love the bald look.
Do you have any idea?
Blessings, jim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2004 at 8:08pm
Hi Jim!
Great you wrote here.

I don't know the emails of any of the regulars at Headscene and don't know what websites they write on.
The one person who is the exception to that is Monique. I have seen her write on the black woman site called "Nappturality", a website dedicated to black women who wear their hair in natural hairstyles, although I haven't seen her on that website in the past couple of months. Monique wrote before on other black women's sites too, but she quit writing on most of them because some of the ladies there gave her some grief about being married to a white man.
If Monique writes again on Nappturality I will tell her to write us here.
Also Jim, I found another messageboard that you wrote on before. At least it seemed like it was you with the same way of writing "jim" and the same interests and writing style. It is called "Diggerz" messageboard .
I wrote there asking if anyone knew what happened to "Headscene", since it is a similar type of site.

I wonder why Simon quit "Headscene" ?
Do you know Jim? Do you know Simon's email?
If you know it, register here and then send me a personal here on "Hair Talk".
Good luck Jim.
jim/Artemidoros View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jim/Artemidoros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2004 at 4:42pm
Dear Jasmine,
Yes, please contact Monique if you can and say we can all chat either here or at Digger's message board. You're very observant, I was indeed once very active on Digger's website. Thank you for sending me over there. It would be great to be all together again!
Blessings, jim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2004 at 9:17pm
Jim,
I will let you know if I can contact Monique or any of the others.
If I contact Monique I will tell her about "Diggerz" messageboard, since that is the type of website that we can have discussions like we had on "Headscene".
It would be nice to chat with her and the others again.
Best to ya Jim.
jim/Artemidoros View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jim/Artemidoros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2004 at 1:13pm
Dear Jasmine,
I've already left a message for you on the other board (Diggerz)--hope to hear from you soon!
Blessings, jim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2004 at 11:19pm
Jim,
I wrote to you on Diggerz. Chat with ya there.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic