Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Woman's Short Haircut for a guy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SouthWind View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthWind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Woman's Short Haircut for a guy
    Posted: January 10 2005 at 10:17pm
hey all,

I'm not much of a hair expert or what have you so I figured I'd come ask my quesiton here.

Right now my hair is about medium length for a guy, and dark brown. My girlfriend wants me to let it grow a little longer, and up until previously I had always wore it fairly short, but got irritated with having to keep it to lay down every morning (cowlicks), so I've let it grow longer.

My friend sent me a pic of paris hilton in one of her magazine shoots wear her hair was short and it looked pretty cool.

I'm about 5'11 150 lbs. so I'm about the same build, and my hair is straight naturally.

What I was wondering is if this haircut would be considered to feminine for a guy to wear.
SouthWind View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthWind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2005 at 8:35pm
should I have posted this in the men forum?
ConanOBrien View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConanOBrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2005 at 12:02am
It doesnt matter to me.
In all serious though.
I see alot of guy who are sporting cuts simular to those pics.
There called Shags.
Guys and girls are wearing them now.
It migh help though, to find pics of guys wearing this cut, to prevent embarrassment whe you show the stylist.
SouthWind View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthWind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2005 at 6:56am
Anyone know where I can find pictures of a guy wearing this cut?
SouthWind View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthWind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2005 at 7:09pm
I haven't been able to find any pics.
Peach05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peach05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2005 at 10:46pm
I don't know about that Paris Hilton cut but if it helps, you could look at this Owen Wilson's pic:

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hc&id=1800019255&cf=pg&photoid=552107&intl=us

Maybe you want to have a style like that one?

SouthWind View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthWind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2005 at 10:54pm
Is that a shag haircut too?

It's hard to tell because his hair is much more wavier then paris's.

How are they cut?
Peach05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peach05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2005 at 11:12pm
I believe he have has that shag hairstyle.

I really don't know how it is cut since I never had one myself, but you can also find some sites online that would probably give you instructions on how to acheive that look, only if you want to style it yourself. But it would be best if you went to a stylist... and a good one that knows what they're doing.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2005 at 2:10am
That would work for a guy, no problem. If you're a little worried about showing a woman's pic to a stylist, you could look up pics of Asian bands and young Asian actors, as a lot of them have similar hair to that.
More awesome than a manatee!
SouthWind View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthWind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2005 at 6:58pm

What about this haircut? Would it work for a guy, and is it a shag too?
SouthWind View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthWind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2005 at 9:09pm
Lil help please...
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2005 at 10:42pm
The right guy, yes. But I wouldn't call any of those cuts a "shag".

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
jewellerytears View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jewellerytears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2005 at 10:44am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic