Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How much styling does spikey hair require?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Elspeth View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elspeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How much styling does spikey hair require?
    Posted: February 06 2005 at 3:06pm
Last night I tried on this wig and absolutely loved it:

Sorry about the crappy upload quality.

My hair is currently just below shoulder length, wavy and quite dense. If I were to cut it to the length shown in the picture, how mcuh work would be required to keep it looking that spikey? Would it look okay naturally or go floppy without styling products?
bean3270 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bean3270 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2005 at 3:26pm
I think you should post a current picture of yourself to compare looks

Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2005 at 9:57pm
With styling products, you'll be able to make it spikey in less than a minute. Without styling products, your hair on top will have to be an inch or less to stand on it's own.
balletdancerky View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balletdancerky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2005 at 10:25pm
Hi, spiky is quite easy with they wright cut and styling product. It shouldn't take more than 5 mins tops. For me its in the blowdry then put the product through it, takes me 10 mins top to do. My style it spiky through the back to crown with short bangs which I make spiky/peicy.

Lisa
----------------------------------------
Change is good, hair will grow back go for it.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/balletdancerky/album?.dir=9077&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/balletdancerky/my_photos

Elesha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elesha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2005 at 11:16pm
I had my hair spikey in the back and about 3-4 inches in the front for almost 4 years, I am just recently trying to grow it out. After I would wash my hair, I would blow dry it, rub hair wax on my hands, run it upward through my hair, add a little bit of hair spray all over and I was done...10 minutes tops.
Kimbleachedblonde View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbleachedblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2005 at 3:22pm
Hi, I have short spiked hair and it's really easy to take care of, I don't even have to comb it, I just finger comb it and put the gel in and within a few minutes the gel is hard and my spikes stay in all day until the next time I shampoo.
I had below shoulder length bleach blonde hair, but then I got tired of it and decided to get it spiked. I don't even have to blow dry it , it's so easy to take care of, I wish that I would of had my hair like this along time ago. :-) I get compliments on my hair all of the time!!
To Anyone: I just put a couple of pictures of me on "image station" so how do I go about to show everyone the pictures on that website?? I just bleached my roots this past weekend so the last pic that I have on there my dark roots are showing UGH! haha Kim
Elspeth View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elspeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2005 at 4:19pm
Just post img in square brackets, then the image url, then /img in square brackets.
Elspeth View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elspeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2005 at 4:23pm
Oh, and another question: do you think that perhaps my jaw's a little too big to have short hair? I'm kinda worried that the combination could make me look a bit butch if the hair went floppy.
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2005 at 4:40pm
Looking butch is in the eye of the beholder. A short haircut that looks feminine and sexy to one person might look butch to the next. If you think you'll look butch, you may already be pre-disposed to think that way and shouldn't go short.
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbleachedblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2005 at 4:50pm
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbleachedblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2005 at 1:50pm
Hi Again, I added another picture to my
image station. I took it the other day after I
had my hair cut and dyed again this past weekend.
I had to recharge my batteries in my digital camera
so then I could upload the picture.
Kim
Heratic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heratic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2005 at 2:53pm
My wife went from shoulder length to short about a year ago and quickly went shorter to a spikey style similar to your wig picture, which she loves and is planning on keeping it short (1" -1.5").

She has a similar jaw line to yourself and has had nothing but compliments on her new style from both friends and family. After having been a slave to long hair for the previous 10 years she now wishes she'd plucked up the courage to get it chopped years ago.

I presume your hair colour is simialr to that of the wig as you haven't metnioned changing it.

If you like the style - go for it!
Its your hair, your choice and your decision
Elspeth View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elspeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2005 at 5:34pm
Woah, I really appreciate everyone taking time out to answer me ^^.

My hair is currently a more red/gold/strawberry blonde, but blodne nonetheless. I really should get a pic...
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2005 at 5:41am
I don't think you have to worry about looking butch-- a woman will only look mannish if she has a masculine face to begin with. *shrugs* I have short hair, wear jeans nearly all the time, and only wear make-up if I really have to, but I've been mistaken for a guy all of twice. . . and one of those times I was wearing a men's shirt and jacket. . .
More awesome than a manatee!
babygurlz_all_that View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babygurlz_all_that Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2005 at 2:52pm
I have long hair short hair and everything in between not to mention EVERY color. Short spikey hair cuts are very easy to care for. I used to get out of the shower, put some bed head spik glue in my hair, turn my head upside down and brush it that way while drying it alittle with blow dryer. Less than 5 minutes right out of the shower and I was ready to go. I have a short angled hair style right now that I just got 3 days ago and I am already going to go get mine in the short spikey back cut this weekend. Hope you get it, I think you will like it.

As far as being mistaken for a man, to each their own. I come off as very assertive sometimes but I am no man. I wear girly cloths and make up but sometimes I am just jeans and t shirt kinda gal. If someone wants to make the mistake of judging me on my hairstyle, its their bad and they are missing out on one kewl gal.

Kim
"Its only hair, it will grow back"
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 9:21am
I have real short hair (think Sharon Stone) and I just wash it. blow dry real quick, and spray it up. Wish I could find some hard hold wax or gell but with fine hair they just make it flop. The hairspray works OK most of the time though. I hate windy days.....
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbleachedblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2005 at 9:08am
Demodoll,

I use: La Bella Super Spikes Styling Gel,
Extreme Hold "10" (It's Yellow)

You can get it at Walmart for I think $2.00??

It makes my spikes hard and it stays in until my next shampoo.

They advertise it in Hairstyle Magazines.

Kim
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 4:41pm
Thanks Kim! I'll look for that the next time I am at a store. I am writing it down and putting it in my purse. I'll let you know how it works.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbleachedblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 6:38pm
Your So Welcome and I hope that the Gel
works for you! Kim
buzzednapelover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buzzednapelover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 5:45pm
<-----sits here jealous

I wish my wife felt this way about hair. She had it short before and hated it (though she looked great and everyone loved it that way). Oh well, at least some of you ladies out here will carry the short hair torch :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic