Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - will shorter work on me? pictures included, be warned
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

will shorter work on me? pictures included, be warned

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
opheliac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opheliac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: will shorter work on me? pictures included, be warned
    Posted: March 05 2005 at 5:12pm
Hi! I recently had my hair cut from this...

To this ....

And would love to go shorter (the dream would be pixie cut with slightly asymetrical fringe, but I don't think I could pull that off) and I just wonder if you could help?

This one shows my face shape

Hope those pictures worked! Thank you for reading this...

~Ellie
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2005 at 7:58pm
You have a pretty face, so you could pull off shorter hair. It's possible that you won't like it. The only way to know is to try it. If a pixie is something you really want, you'll always wonder how you'd look in it if you don't give it a try. Because you want one so much, chances are you'll love it. If you don't, you'll have answered the question and you won't be tempted to try it again.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2005 at 11:09pm
I think you would look good in a longish pixie with the asymetrical bangs. I would go with bangs that are cut unevenly with points.
brand View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2005 at 11:32pm
Absolutely, sounds like a plan. It would suit you.
ConanOBrien View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConanOBrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 4:52am
How about buying a pixie wig first and seeing it looks on you?
Sure it will cost money.
But is there really a price tag on being happy with how you look?
I say no.
Like when I buy sunscreen for example the difference between a few bucks can be either me being my usual milky white self and getting slightly red to becoming a burn victim in 15 minutes
opheliac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opheliac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 5:46am
Originally posted by loveshort&blonde loveshort&blonde wrote:

I think you would look good in a longish pixie with the asymetrical bangs. I would go with bangs that are cut unevenly with points.

I've been googling like a mad thing and can't seem to find a picture that is what I want, I don't suppose you had a picture in mind when you replied to this? If so that would be amazingly helpful!!! If not, thanks for replying! :)
opheliac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opheliac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 5:48am
Originally posted by Rod Rod wrote:

You have a pretty face, so you could pull off shorter hair. It's possible that you won't like it. The only way to know is to try it. If a pixie is something you really want, you'll always wonder how you'd look in it if you don't give it a try. Because you want one so much, chances are you'll love it. If you don't, you'll have answered the question and you won't be tempted to try it again.

Thanks for the advice! One of my main concerns about the cut was that it would make my nose look even bigger, do you think this would be the case? Thank you again!
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 8:21am
A pixie will put all the focus on your face, so if you're concerned about the size of your nose, you might wanna be careful. Try on wigs or use simulation programs first to see how you look. They don't have to be exactly the style you're looking for, just something to get an idea how your face looks in a pixie. I wouldn't think you'd have much to worry about, since you're very pretty, but it's worth the try just to make sure.
More awesome than a manatee!
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 9:07am
Your nose doesn't look that big in the pictures, but if you believe it will look big it probably will. To you. I doubt it would look big to me. Our perceptions are our realities and short emphasize the face. If you believe your face is pretty, then you should go for it. If you have concerns about your face, be tentative.

A lot of wig stores allow you to try on a wig and look in the mirror. While a snap judgement isn't always a lasting one, you could try that.

If you really want to do it though, go for it. You won't know if it makes your nose look big until you try it. Then you'll know if you can pull off very short hair.
cyhairctr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyhairctr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 10:08am
trout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 10:32am
Personally I think(and the simulations back it up) that you are a perfect fit for short hair. It would really complement your face and style.

Don't take this the wrong way. You have somewhat of an "out of control" style for your hair. It has a lot of personality of its own and in the current mid length look seems to be all over the place. That type of hair just looks great short where the texture and "touseled" look contribute to a funky and cool style. I wouldn't go with a total pixie, keep some length and layers and let it have a lot of personality, tuck it behind ears, then not, pin it, etc.

The sims look just great. You're hot with short hair.
opheliac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opheliac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 11:24am
Originally posted by cyhairctr cyhairctr wrote:

How are these?

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2132930425

oh wow! the second one of those (with the flicking out back) is very much what i was thinking. Although I'd used Alyssa Milano as inspiration... I thought of the fringe like this...

But I'd definitely wear the back more flicky like this...

Saying that though, I do like your way a lot, just not the squareness of the fringe! I'd hug you if I could!

~Ellie
opheliac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opheliac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 11:28am
Originally posted by trout trout wrote:

Personally I think(and the simulations back it up) that you are a perfect fit for short hair. It would really complement your face and style.
Don't take this the wrong way. You have somewhat of an "out of control" style for your hair.
The sims look just great. You're hot with short hair.

I don't take it the wrong way at all! I hate it this length. I actually hate it. I wanted it all chopped off but my friend told me I'd look like a bloke, so I rolled my eyes and went with a mid-lengther. But I really do not like it. I should've stood up for myself more. Totally my fault.

Y'know, I think I prefer my nose with hair like that ... (weirdest sentence I've written in a while) and thank you for thinking I'm hot!!! I'll have to get it cut now!! :D
cyhairctr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyhairctr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 12:36pm
Go back to the album....the fringe is gone!
send me a pic I will see what I can do!
opheliac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opheliac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 12:41pm

Go back to the album....the fringe is gone!

I love you! Thank you so much!
cyhairctr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyhairctr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 12:51pm
Make sure you post an after pic!

Rik
cyhairctr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyhairctr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 1:24pm
I did one more fipped out version.
opheliac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opheliac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 1:58pm

I did one more fipped out version.

I never knew I could look so nice! The second one is still my favourite though. I'll make an appointment tomorrow, methinks! And yes, I'll definitely post after photos!
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2005 at 5:03am
I vote for # 2 as well... smoking HOT!
Brent E from San Francisco View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2005 at 5:46pm
You are an attractive lady.
You would look adorable in a pixie.
Either of Aliyssa Milano's short pixies would look great on you.
Alyssa especially looks good in the top photo with that pixie. That hairstyle would look superb on you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic