Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - will shorter work on me? pictures included, be warned
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

will shorter work on me? pictures included, be warned

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
HD_EU View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD_EU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2005 at 7:52am
Opheliac,

If you're ready for a change (I guess the "I hate this length is clear enough"), go for it. As cytrhair has shown you there are several cuts you could consider. If the money for repeated cuts is not an issue, maybe take it one step at the time. You can always go shorter, letting it grow takes a little more time. Wouldn't want to see you unhappy ...

Save the pixie for the very last, as it seems to me a style that's a bit longer will suit you better. The styles from Alyssa aren't real pixies (one to more motnhs after the initial pixie) so I think/hope they weren't what you were thinking of.

Lots of fun at the hairdresser!
opheliac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opheliac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 4:07am
Thank you for all your replies!!

Oh well I didn't want to go for different lengths, I've just come back from the hairdressers....

I haven't messed about with it yet, but there it is! Do we approve?

~Ellie
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 7:13am
wow!!! that looks so great on you you are so brave i even feel you could have gone shorter , it really brings out your eyes very pretty and i must say you look way better really short
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 7:43am
Wow! Looks fantastic.

With hair this short, you may need to use a little more make-up. Your face, which is very pretty, is on display because you can't get away with hiding behind your hair anymore.
opheliac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opheliac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 9:53am
Originally posted by Rod Rod wrote:

Wow! Looks fantastic.

With hair this short, you may need to use a little more make-up. Your face, which is very pretty, is on display because you can't get away with hiding behind your hair anymore.

I'm sorry, when I first read that it sounded like you meant "you can't hide behind your hair anymore, best use more makeup and hide behind that"... but I'm assuming/hoping that's not what you meant! (since you said the hair looks fantastic and all).... I don't know, I'm confused now, but thank you, I think.
S_Miller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S_Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 11:14am
I think it looks great. Have fun with it.
Stephanie
babygurlz_all_that View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babygurlz_all_that Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 2:50pm
I think you look great. You were worried about going short because you thought it would emphasize on your nose too much but believe it or not it makes it look smaller in my opinion. With a short hair cut it brings focut to your good points which are great bone structure, pretty eyes and nice lips. Your nose looks smaller in the new pics than the old ones. To me long hair works for people who really have things to hide. Short hair is for the bold and brave who want to bare it all to the world and say look at me now. I went shorter as well and I feel great. So easy to care for. You will be amazed when you go straight from the shower and out the door in less than 5 to 10 minutes.

I hope you are happy with your new do. It looks wonderful on you. YOU GO GURL!
"Its only hair, it will grow back"
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 4:03pm
YUMMY...... wow...that is sooo HOT! Do you like it?
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by opheliac opheliac wrote:

Wow! Looks fantastic.

I'm sorry, when I first read that it sounded like you meant "you can't hide behind your hair anymore, best use more makeup and hide behind that"... but I'm assuming/hoping that's not what you meant! (since you said the hair looks fantastic and all).... I don't know, I'm confused now, but thank you, I think.

I hope I wasn't insulting. What I mean is that when you have long hair, it can be easier for a woman to get away with less make-up when she goes out. People may focus on the hair. With short hair, there's going to be a lot of focus on your face. You do have some redness, which is common. (My face has some redness too.) That redness may now be more noticeable. But you have a pretty face, so it shouldn't be a problem.
cyhairctr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyhairctr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 11:17pm
Hey there ...who is that sexy gal??? It looks great...it may take you a little getting used to. Your stylist do a great job...pretty close to the picture. if I can do anymore or you want to see something else now or in the future let me know. toesup@newnorth.net. Hugs RIK;-)

send me a pic I will see what I can do!
bean3270 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bean3270 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 11:32pm
Hey You Look GOOD!

You might want to change the color. But you lok hot.

Bean
ConanOBrien View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConanOBrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2005 at 1:48am
How come Bean3270 and Rod who are obviously insulting allowed to comment on this lovely ladies new hair cut. Really?
I know I've been targeted in the past for my poltical and social opinions on hair, but have I ever insulted anyone's pictures here?
No
That's why I find it so disturbing and sad that people can be so cruel right now and say
"You have red blotchy skin or you should change your color."
I know she asked for others opinions, but there's a time when we should all just shut the heck up and not give whats I see as crtical opinions that arent in context with what she asked about her new hair cut.
She didnt ask how her skin looked or her hair color.
and I really think its insensitve and mean sprited to say that which was said.
There's an old saying if you dont have anything nice to say about someone dont say anything at all.I'm so tired of hearing
"Oh you look nice but you could had went shorter"
"Wear more make up now"
then you backpeddle to get out of what you say buy saying "I didnt mean it that way."
how bout this
You people who critized her suck
Howbout that?
But I really mean oh you guys are ok you just need to change a little.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2005 at 3:00am
Originally posted by ConanOBrien ConanOBrien wrote:

how bout this
Howbout that?

Let me see if I understand your thought process COB... they "suck" because they criticized her. Now, you criticize them (using the s-word). Is it "okay" for you to criticize them but "not okay" for them to criticize her?

Hmm... I'm puzzled.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2005 at 4:58am
It looks great just as it is, the shade it is, and everything :-) . And don't worry about the make-up thing-- you're pretty enough without it. Besides, it's a rare day when I wear anything more than a little lip gloss, if that, and it hasn't got me any grief.
More awesome than a manatee!
opheliac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opheliac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2005 at 9:01am

Originally posted by opheliac opheliac wrote:

Wow! Looks fantastic.

I hope I wasn't insulting. What I mean is that when you have long hair, it can be easier for a woman to get away with less make-up when she goes out. People may focus on the hair. With short hair, there's going to be a lot of focus on your face. You do have some redness, which is common. (My face has some redness too.) That redness may now be more noticeable. But you have a pretty face, so it shouldn't be a problem.

... I'm only 17, I'm not going to pile on a bunch of make-up to hide redness which I'm sure is only to do with my age. Also, I currently have a kidney infection so, if anything, I'm paler than usual and my heightened temperature is allowing for the redness. I'm sorry if I seem rude and I know you didn't know I am ill, but even so it's kind of harsh to pick out that. But I'm done now. I thank you for your opinion on my haircut, it was nice of you to reply.
opheliac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opheliac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2005 at 9:09am
babygurlz_all_that and Hal - Thank you I do love it! (I also think my nose looks better now! :D)

cyhairctr - thank you so much for the pictures you did (can't believe you looked at my photo long enough to mess with the hair, but i'm glad you did!) i'll definitely email you in future!

bean3270 - thanks! don't think i'll change the colour, i used to dye it dark brown because apparently having reddish hair means i'm rubbish, but now i feel quite secure in myself and i like my colouring. but thank you for liking the style!

ConanOBrien - haha thanks for sticking up for me and making me laugh! *hugs*

Kuroneko - (love the name by the way!) you look great in your picture, so it proves that lipgloss girls are where it's at! thank you for the compliments!!!

thank you everyone who took the time to reply, it was really nice of you! i'll definitely keep lurking around the board, thanks for making me feel welcome!

~Ellie
Heratic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heratic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2005 at 2:56pm
Wonderful transformation - it really does suit you.

What does your friend think about you going short now?
Its your hair, your choice and your decision
opheliac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opheliac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2005 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by Heratic Heratic wrote:

Wonderful transformation - it really does suit you.

What does your friend think about you going short now?

....my friend?
ConanOBrien View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConanOBrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2005 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by DaveDecker DaveDecker wrote:

Originally posted by ConanOBrien ConanOBrien wrote:

how bout this
Howbout that?

Let me see if I understand your thought process COB... they "suck" because they criticized her. Now, you criticize them (using the s-word). Is it "okay" for you to criticize them but "not okay" for them to criticize her?

Hmm... I'm puzzled.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel critizing someone and being insensitve and commenting on her skin and face wasnt something thoughful to do. So I guess I'm being perceived as critizing the critical now.
If Im the baddie for saying they suck for doing that then so be it, i'll accept it. Maybe suck was a harsh word for them, but I'm sure the aforementioned has thick enough skin to read I said they suck for not caring seeing they can give unsolicted insults to a nice young woman without thinking if it'll hurt her feelings.

babygurlz_all_that View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babygurlz_all_that Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2005 at 8:17pm
I think people reply before thinking about what they say and how it sounds. Im a very self concious person so if someone said something like that to me I would be hurt. Now this pretty gal has nothing to worry about. She is 17 yrs old, very pretty and asked us for our opinions and comments. I have had acne all my life and at the age of 25 I still have the severe outbreaks. Even when my skin is clear I have redness and scarring. Im very self concious about it. Unless I ask someone how my face looks I dont much care to hear what they think.

You go gurl you look good with your hair cut and dont let anyone bring you down. I think once you get to mess with it and see how YOU like it you will like it alot more. When I get my hair cut and styled at the salon I never like it. Once I get home and play with it and see how I want to fix it, it looks alot better. As far as face and hair color. You are beautiful and I applaud you for wearing very little make up. Woman today are totally over done and look so fake with the layers of make up they wear. I too like going out with alittle lip gloss and maybe some mascara if its not hot and humid. I wish I was one of those gals that look their best all natural. I have scarring therefore I must hide behind make up.

People often comment on others when they do not feel sufficent in their own lives. I would suggest if you have something to say about someone else, think about your own flaws and what others might think about you if you posted a pic. Not everyone is perfect. Matter of fact NOBODY is perfect.

If someone ask me what their face looks like or what I thought about their color I would be as honest as I could be in my opinion without hurting anyones feelings.

Just my .02 lol
Kim
"Its only hair, it will grow back"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic