Topic Closedgoing to cut long hair short, but how s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
lauren alston View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Topic: going to cut long hair short, but how s
    Posted: December 27 2000 at 7:23am
hi im lauren im 19 from new jersey i have kinda long brownish/blond hair i cut it short 2 times in my life the last was almost 2 1/2 years ago i had it cut to my chin although i loved it i kinda wanted it shorter you see i have this dilema i never get it cut short enough i want it real short but im too afraid to cut it all right now its to my mid-back and all one length i want something short,bold not a crewcut though lol! but i wouldnt mind having it partially buzzed i like the look but not bald
im planning on donating my ponytail to (locks of love)
it has to be at least 10 inches to donate so i have to at least cut it to my chin only this time i plan on going all the way i love sharon stones short cut but im not sure if thats a 19 yr old cut you see my problem and im not sure if i can pull it off i have a picture and ill gladly email it to anyone willing to give me advice on a short short cut (id like the back or so buzzed but its not necessary)
IF ANYONE HAS A MAKEOVER PROGRAM ID LOVE THEM TO TAKE MY PIC AND SEND ME BACK SOME MAKE OVERS i want a new look soon maybe for new years
im pobably going to cut off my ponytail and then go to the salon and go from there PLEASE TELL ME IF ID BE CUTE WITH SHORT HAIR send me your email addy and ill give yas my pic thanks alot----lauren id also appreciate any links with short styles for teens
buh bye :( ALSO ANY GIRLS WHO HAVE CUT THEIRS RECENTLY AND WANNA SHARE PICS , STORY OR ADVICE ID APPRECIATE IT
bobbedguy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2000 at 11:15am
lauren, maybe you should try to have your hair cut like mine. I have my hair cut in a bob just at my earlobes all the way around with bangs. It`s shorter than you`ve had yours cut but not too short. Let me know whatcha think.
hairhelper View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2000 at 2:01pm
Reply to message: 20.1800.1
hi lauren,
i have makeover software and would be glad to help u just send ur pic to Angel_babe_656@bolt.com and ill get some shoret styles for u!!
-angel
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2000 at 8:24am
thanks bobbed guy that sounds cute is yours buzzed in back? except im not too fond of bangs on me

gee i sure hope you can help me hair helper i sent ya my pics
thanks guys--------laur
bnbivi00 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2000 at 11:04am
Reply to message: 20.1804.1
Hey Lauren,

I would love to help if you would write me email. My email address is bnbivi00@hotmail.com
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained
bobbedguy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2000 at 3:13pm
Lauren, yes I have the nape hair cut really really short. There is nothing like the feeling of the longer hair ticking the nape hair when you turn your head and your hair swings around. If you want e-mail me and we can talk more. Actually my bob has some layering in it but I am thinking of letting the layers grow out so that is get to all on level. What do you think?
Rich View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2000 at 10:08am
Reply to message: 20.1797.1
I think you would really like it that short and you would look really cute. I think if you have the sides and back buzzed with layers say to about 1/4 inch and the top with layers would look really nice and it would be easier to work with. E-mail me if you would like, I`m also from NJ..... RGH421_2000@yahoo.com. Hope to hear from you soon and Good Luck....Rich
Sarah View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2001 at 10:22pm
Reply to message: 20.1837.1
Hi lauren I just recently had my knee length hair cut to my shoulders and I hated it but it sounds to me that you want a short style. if you want it go for it. that is what I say I think from what you have described that it would look really good on you. let me know how it turns out and what you decide to do. Hope I have Helped, Sarah
Sarah Brooke
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2001 at 11:49am
i did it i cut it all off!!!!!!!
i went to a barber shop and had it cut real short its all cut one length to a little below my earlobes and the back is clippered short I LOVE IT!!!!!
ill have pics soon
the guy said its called a wedge ???
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2001 at 11:50am
duhh..... by the way i cut my ponytail before i went i have
it banded up and im planning on donating it-laur
bobbedguy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2001 at 1:45pm
lauren, I`m glad to hear that you love your new cut. The way you described your haircut it sounds almost exactly like my hair is cut. My hair is cut just below the earlobes with slippered nape and bangs. I love my hair cut this way too. Do you have bangs? I`d love to see your picture. If you want e-mail me at bobbedguy@excite.com if you want to talk about our similar hairstyles.
Tango2000 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2001 at 4:24pm
Reply to message: 20.1864.1
Laura - really glad you love your new cut as well. The wedge is actually my favourite of all haircuts, I think it`s an absolutely gorgeous cut. Would LOVE to speak to you about your new haircut and also to see some before and after shots!! Please e-mail me on: tango2000@supanet.com
Tango2000
phil View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2001 at 5:50am
I`m a fan of the "wedge" too. Quite popular in the 80s if I recall. I particularly like the sharp, well defined edges and drastic layering. Hope it`s coming back! Can`t wait for the pictures.
phil
lauren_a72 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2001 at 3:42pm
lauren,
Hi..I am another Lauren..I am 20 and I live in Fla.
I would love to see your pics.
email me lauren_a72@hotmail.com with your before and afters.. Bet it looks really good. I might like to try this style. My hair is now blonde, straight and about 5 inches down my back.
Jigna View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2001 at 8:26pm
Reply to message: 20.1801.1
whats the makeover software called?
yes View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2001 at 10:34pm
Reply to message: 20.1865.1
I donated my hair toooooo!! 12 inches chopped right off in a ponytail...my head was so much lighter. locks of love baby..good organization
teenprincess72 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2001 at 5:06pm
Hi!!!I totally see what you mean.My advice to you is to check out some magazines and styling books....then go to the salon and ask them if they think that it would look good on you!!!!
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2001 at 10:55am
well it was time for a trim again and i loooved the feeling last time of getting my hair cut in a barber shop this time i decided to go all the way i had the guy crew it off!!! i got a longer crew cut than most boys would but to me its very short the top is about an inch or less it was cut with a razor and a comb and the sides were actually clipped with just the electric razor and no comb very very short i totally love short hair after having long hair for soo long i feel free!! my boyfriend wants it long again but he will have to wait-----laur
maybe ill grow it or maybe next month ill go shorter :)
by the way the guy who cut it was soooo cute
TeenGirl View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2001 at 12:21am
Reply to message: 20.2101.1
Hi Lauren,

I would love to see your pictures of your wedge haircut and crewcut. I have been thinking of cutting my hair too. If you would please send me pics. My e-mail is BSBFan1982@Yahoo.com. Thanks!!
Lauren Applebee View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2001 at 7:54am
Hi,
Ditto on the pics...I would love to see both styles.
I am gonna cut my hair short soon.
My email is Lauren_a72@hotmail.com

See ya....
Lauren Applebee
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic