Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Are pigtails too childish if you`re 14?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are pigtails too childish if you`re 14?
    Posted: September 01 2001 at 1:53am
hi--

i`m 14. My hair is pretty thick and poofy. I was looking through pics and in one i had pigtails. my hair looked fine, but i was only about 7. i was wondering if i were to do that again, would i be teased? are they too childish for a 14 year old? i`m not sure cuz britney spears did it when she was about 17....

what do u think?
Sandra Jane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandra Jane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2001 at 7:12am
Reply to message: 20.3243.1
Hiya,

I am 23 and often wear mine like this, people think it looks cute! I was never teased in a horrible manner.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2001 at 10:03pm
Reply to message: 20.3246.1
I think you are on the border line. In my opinion, pigtails are for the young.
bronnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bronnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2001 at 10:51am
You might be able to carry it off if it kind of suits your face but I tried this a couple times but didn`t like it. It seems to work for Baby Spice though.
scrye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2001 at 2:59pm
Reply to message: 20.3260.1
My friend is 16 and she has lower mid back length hair and even though she very rarely does it she looks very good in pig-tails (as long as she braids them down.)

justin
"Death is all around me, but now I'd rather die then follow mediocrity" Run - Project 86

"Boys think their the bomb, because they remind them of their mom" Barlow Girls - Superchic[k]

justin
jen8541 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jen8541 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2001 at 10:47am
My friends and I wear pigtails every now and then and we`re 16. They don`t look too childish unless you wear them high and let the ends hang out. I usually wear them low and in a bun or high in a bun or you can wear them low without the bun.
gmoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2001 at 8:45pm
Hi,

I don` think that there is anything wrong with a girl your age or much older wearing pigtails. I personally think that they look really cute and as long as you don`t have them sticking out and wear them straight down, I see no reason why you shouldn`t wear them. I am sure you will look really cute too.

Best Wishes,

John
tever View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2001 at 2:21pm
No I don`t think pigtails are to childish. If they are low. High on the head looks kinda odd on 14.
GloopGuy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GloopGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2001 at 5:06am
Pigtails are cute! just dont put wire in them so they stick out, other than that, pigtails look great.
Jowy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jowy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2001 at 5:43pm
I`m 14 and I think that pigtails are okay, but it`s all in how you make them. Like it`s really cool if you wrap like ribbon or wire all the way down the pigtails. Also, in some places, three, maybe even four are popular. It really depends. Are you braiding them, or just putting them up like a ponytail? If you look, there are many ways that people make pigtails.
blackindiangirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackindiangirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2001 at 7:49pm
Reply to message: 20.3316.1
quote:

Jowy originally wrote:
I'm 14 and I think that pigtails are okay, but it's all in how you make them. Like it's really cool if you wrap like ribbon or wire all the way down the pigtails. Also, in some places, three, maybe even four are popular. It really depends. Are you braiding them, or just putting them up like a ponytail? If you look, there are many ways that people make pigtails.

i wear pig tails and im 21. some times i even wear 4. i think they are ok, and if you look at some of there weird hair styles today. there is nothing wrong with the way you do you hair. just as long as you like it thats all that matters.
tiggerules99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiggerules99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2001 at 3:48pm
Of course its NOT babyish...Itz really cute, try putting them in the middle of the back of your head and then put them in an upside down flip flop!! Its totally IN over here!! It looks great!!
Elizabeth
hairdesigner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairdesigner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2001 at 8:37am
Reply to message: 20.3404.1
what the heck is this upside down flip flop?
~Hairdesigner~
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2001 at 8:54am
Reply to message: 20.3418.1
Naw. Pigtails are cute. I love them. At the University of Toronto, where I study, you can see pigtails. There

Putting wire in them so they stick out? Funny. I recall someone putting pencils in pigtails for a school photo
day, or were they just joking (what did the picture turn out like?)
Julie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2001 at 1:55pm
Hi,

I`m 28 and love to wear my hair in pigtails. I ALWAYS wear my pigtails high and I ALWAYS make sure that I have a perfect parting.

I know that at age 28 it could be viewed strange if I attended work or certain social events with with my hair in pigtails, so I don`t. However, once in a while, it`s nice to remove my makeup, put on a flowery frock, pop my hair into pigtails and enjoy looking and feeling all girlie again!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic