Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What to do with my puffy hair...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dra View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What to do with my puffy hair...
    Posted: August 27 2004 at 2:32am
So, I have natural blonde, curly/frizzy (think Irish big hair), thick hair. It's about medium length. I love having straight hair and I iron it a whole lot (which i know is bad, but its a price I have to pay), but it'd be nice to have other ways of wearing my hair. Does anyone have any ideas of things I could try with my hair? I've tried putting this super megahold gel in it and scrunching it...of course it didnt hold at all. Basically I'm stuck with a ponytail or ironing the crap out of it. If u have suggestions of styling techniques to try, or any products that work really well for my type of hair, PLEASE let me know. Thanks!
frizzygurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frizzygurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2004 at 9:49am
i have curly, frizzy hair too and i straightened for a long time before i found products that work. Start with the shampoo; it has to be very gentle so as not to strip out the moisture in your hair or else you will end up with frizz. I use Biolage for color-treated hair, it's so very moisturizing.

Aussie's 3 minute miracle treatment is great for conditioning and comb your hair thru in the shower when you put in your conditioner. Don't comb after this. After exiting the shower, only squeeze out excess water with your towel. While hair is wet, apply a leave-in conditioner like Infusium23 and lightly finger-comb thru. I use a Root-lifting spray gel by Pantene and a knockoff of the Biolage gelee made by Suave in their professional line. It's called Suave Professionals Firm Hold gel.

I carefully scrunch in my gel to get better curl definition. No finger-combing at this point or it will frizz. Let it air-dry or use a diffuser attachment. Mine is usually a little crunchy but some light scrunching when dry will take out the crunch. Another gel i like is Tresseme Mega Hold Gel. A cream like John Frieda's Frizz Ease Wind Ddown Cream used under your gel might help eliminate frizzies, too if you need.

Probably more info than you wanted but i hope it helps!
CO wash only since September '04! Dyed red botticelli curls (3b), fine and just past shoulder length
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic