Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGrowing my hair long

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hwylady@aol.com View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hwylady@aol.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Growing my hair long
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:14am
I have been tring to grow my hair for at least 2 years but it seems to fall out at a certain length. Plus, it seems very dry at certain times. I have started using special vitamins for my hair, but that has only been for one month. I also try to have at least a 1/4in. cut every 8 weeks. The longest my hair every gets is just at the middle of my back. Do you have any other suggestions to get my hair to grow longer?
Jimg327@aol.com View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimg327@aol.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:14am
Some thoughts on growing your hair....definetly trim a quater inch off to keep from getting split ends. Vitamin B is what you want to take to help have a nice healthy head of hair and brushing it often will help too! Make sure that your brush is not causing problems too! If you have an old brush, replace it with a high quality bore bristle brush. Good luck!
GRNMUST@aol.com View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GRNMUST@aol.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:14am
Just tuned in to this site and read your question. I'm sure you've heard about my solution but I tried it and can highly recommend it. First time in my 19 years of hairdressing I actually read an article in a trade magazine about it, though. That was Aug. 96. It' s called cutting your according to the phases of the moon. My hair, which usually grows about an inch/mo, had slowed to 1/4 inch/mo. I started using the moon phase dates in Sept. 96 and my hair now grow like a weed again, and I have changed nothing about rest of my life. Got the dates for rest of year if you would them. Let me know.
Itzel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Itzel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:14am
I ahve tried this too and I have to admit that it does work!!!
«On ne naīt pas femme: on le
devient» -Simone de Beauvoir
Belinda View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Belinda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:14am
What are you two talking about? It sounds very interesting! I had heard about people who think the moon helps them grow their hair longer, but I don't know the details. Can you please explain? thanks!
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:15am
Belinda,As an astrologer...I studied the effect of cutting my hair by the phases of the Moon and yes...as someone else said...it does work. I have actually tried experiements with it and found that it is valid. Here is how it works in traditional astrology...trim or cut your hair on the exact day of the full moon to grow your hair thicker. Trim or cut your hair on the day of the new moon every month to make it grow faster.If you want to color your hair or perm it.....do it on the day that the moon is in Aquarius. That only happens once a month..so you need to check the Moon closely.If you want your hair to grow thicker AND fuller...trim a tiny bit of hair on both days...the Full Moon for thickness and the New Moon for fast growing.You can get even more specific and match hair treatments to last aspects and Venus and your own chart. But that gets very time consuming. The full/new moon works very well. Try it.Good luck.Karen
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
hwylady View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hwylady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:15am
I just wanted to give everyone an update in 2 months my hair has grown 2inches, and has be come very healthy. I really baby my hair alot now and stopped blowing dring my hair everyday. This summer I use a hat to help my hair from the sun. Thank you for all the advise.
TONYA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONYA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:15am
I would like to have the dates.
Rita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:15am
I would like to know the dates on the phases of the moon. Thanks a0010180@airmail.net
Rita (:
Jim Butchee View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Butchee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:15am
Actually.....a lot of brushing can be damaging. This is one of the common myths about hair care that I had to learn the hard way.In the old days...when ladies only washed their hair once a week....in order to maintain a healthy scalp....they would brush their hair 100 times a day to move the oils from the scalp to the ends of the hair.In modern times...it is considered best to wash your hair every day or so. This makes hair drier, less oily and more fragile to heavy brushing. Therefore, only brush you hair to remove tangles, only brush when the hair is dry to avoid breakage and only brush with the best brush you can afford or the brush spokes will rip and tear your hair.Jim Butchee
Bug View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:15am
Is it true that if you trim your ends your hair will grow faster?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic