Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A SWAP BOARD!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A SWAP BOARD!!
    Posted: February 07 2002 at 6:37am
Hey Karen.. or whoever...

I think it`d be a great idea to put up a swap board for people who want to trade or sell there shampoos or conditioners ect. that haven`t worked for them. I saw a couple posts that a girl was trying to sell edwin paul stuff and there was another who wanted to trade Visical for H37.

Just a suggestion...
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2002 at 10:50am
Hi Amber June,

When HairBoutique.com was founded back in 1997 we seriously considered adding a Swap Board.

Here is what the HairBoutique.com lawyer said when we asked if we could do that:

"Even though consumers on swap boards are swapping on their own accord, any company, website or company that HOSTS the swap board is ultimately legally responsible for ANY and ALL problems that may occur as the result of consumers "swapping" or sharing opened health care products."

In other words Amber June, if HairBoutique.com hosted a swap board we would be ultimately responsible for any visitor that did a swap and then received previously used haid care products that had been contaminated in any way. This means products that had acid or fingernail polish remover or paint thinner poured into it.

Does this happen? Yes, yes, yes.

Anyone who knows me will tell you that I am fiercely protective of my HairBoutique.com guests and customers. I feel that everyone who visits here is a personal friend.

Therefore as long as I am the CEO of HairBoutique.com there will never be a swap board on HB.com.

On top of the possible dangers of contaminated products, there are other issues including US & state health regulations. We are legally prohibited from accepting returns on certain types of products that we sell due to health restrictions.

Not only do I want to protect my HB.com visitors from any dangers, I also do not want to invite any problems with the US Health Department.

Long story short....this is why we never have nor will we ever have a swap board on HairBoutique.com. I am surprised that the other hair sites that have the swap boards are willing to risk all the implications from both legal and government arms. I am thinking they don`t understand all the ramifications.

Although auction sites are a completely different matter because everything is fee based, I am still not even convinced of their ultimate value although I have an open mind on auctions.

Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate the opportunity to explain why things are the way they are here at HairBoutique.com. :-)

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2002 at 1:12pm
Thanks for informing me about that! I understand why you don`t have one now!!
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic