Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Has anyone tried that generic immitation of Aveda called Aura?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHas anyone tried that generic immitation of Aveda called Aura?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Help! View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Help! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Has anyone tried that generic immitation of Aveda called Aura?
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:19am
I heard that a lot of the aura products (such as the conditioners) can't compare to Aveda. But I was wondering how Aura's hairsprays, elixir, mousse, and shampoo compare to Aveda's???
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:19am
Hi,I tried Aura as did Jeff and another friend of ours. It made my hair tangle and knot like crazy. Jeff and our friend did not have good results with it either.I would not recommend any of their products. Just my opinion, but I found them to contain a lot of chemicals and not be anything like Aveda.Suave also has an Aveda "copy" that I have not tried yet. But it is sitting on my sink ready to be tested when I get up the nerve.Best wishes,Karen> I heard that a lot of the aura products (such> as the conditioners) can't compare to Aveda. But> I was wondering how Aura's hairsprays, elixir,> mousse, and shampoo compare to Aveda's???
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
Noreen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:20am
Hi Karen,I just noticed the Suave "Shampure" immitation tonight at the store. I was going to ask you if you had tried it. I was thinking of trying it too. I'll let you know when I do. Right now I am still playing with the ARTec and so far I like it. I really love the smell. As soon as I have tried out all the combinations of Aveda and Artec that I have on my bathroom shelf, I'll send in a report.Take care, Noreen> Hi,> I tried Aura as did Jeff and another friend> of ours. It made my hair tangle and knot like> crazy. Jeff and our friend did not have good results> with it either.> I would not recommend any of their products.> Just my opinion, but I found them to contain a> lot of chemicals and not be anything like Aveda.>> Suave also has an Aveda "copy"> that I have not tried yet. But it is sitting on> my sink ready to be tested when I get up the nerve.>> Best wishes,> Karen
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:20am
Hi Noreen,I can't wait for your report.Just today I was telling Jeff how great his hair looked and he told me that he had worked out a routine where he uses Aveda Blue Malva and Artec Conditioner and then ARTec shampoo and ARTec conditioner and then ARTec with Cherry Almond Bark.He said that he has noticed his hair is a lot softer and looks great when he does the alternating routine.I think that is true for me too.I can't wait to hear what you discover.Best wishes,Karen> Hi Karen,> I just noticed the Suave "Shampure"> immitation tonight at the store. I was going to> ask you if you had tried it. I was thinking of> trying it too. I'll let you know when I do. Right> now I am still playing with the ARTec and so far> I like it. I really love the smell. As soon as> I have tried out all the combinations of Aveda> and Artec that I have on my bathroom shelf, I'll> send in a report.> Take care, Noreen
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic