Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLong hair is in for Spring!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jen Bahney View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen Bahney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Long hair is in for Spring!
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:16am
Has anyone checked out the fashion mags lately? Vogue is saying how super long hair is THE style to have for Spring. The models are all getting hair extensions. Nice to know we're in style again!
Mikel View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:16am
Yay! The first time in my life that I'm actually IN STYLE! Thanks for the good news!> Has anyone checked out the fashion mags lately? Vogue> is saying how super long hair is THE style to have for> Spring. The models are all getting hair extensions.> Nice to know we're in style again!
jamila View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:16am
I have already got my extensions for 1999. The best thing about extensions is that you can use as much heat and styling products as you want and not have to worry about ruining your own hair.
Serena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Serena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:16am
Yes, I also saw that feature in Vouge, though I was disapointed it wasn't longer (the article, not the hair). The woman in the inset with the extentions looked incredible, the hair was so smooth and real looking. I already have long hair (mid-back) but I do wish I could get extentions to make it longer and thicker. A few issues back, in either Vouge or Elle, there was a list of places aroud the USA that offered this service but the prices were way more than anything I could afford. I'm afraid that if I went to a cheaper place, the extentions wouldn't look real. I sort of feel like these models and actresses are cheating. They get all the beauty of long hair without the hassle of growing and maintaining it. Plus extentions show no damage. I'm not actually resentful of these women, just very jealous. Well, those are my thoughts. I hope no one minds that my posts are kind of long.Serena
Serena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Serena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:16am
My hair is already mid-back but I'd love to get extentions to make it longer and thicker. The model with extentions in the current USA Vouge looked incredible. The extentions were so smooth and real looking. However, all the listings I've seen in magazines of salons that offer extentions have indicated prices much higher than I could possibly afford. Is it possible to get very realistic looking extention in the $50 price range. If not, what is a reasonable price for great looking extentions? Thanyou,Serena
jamila View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:16am
I agree with you 100%. In fact I went to a place near me and had extexntions done for $160, which seems like a lot to me for getting your hair done. They are still not the top quality that the stars get. You can spot them from a mile away. Now I need to save up my money again to have them redone, and I only got them in on Wednesday. I wish there were places that do them like the Hollywood stylists without the Hollywood prices. Until then, anyone know how to take extensions out without paying for it?????
jamila View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
I paid $160 for mine, which I thought was a reasonable price. I added extensions to give my hair a break, so I got a full head. If you just want length and volume, you might not need a full head, so it should be cheaper. If you are on AOL, you can go to AOL yellow pages and type in hair stylists or hair braiding in your local area. Hair braiding places usually do extensions. I think Yahoo has yellow pages too. Just type your city and state and do your search. Some have information about their salons, some don't so just call. I am getting mine done over so I will be searching right along with you. I wish you luck.JamilaP.S. $50 is a cheap price, but you might get a cheap job if you pay that little. Try to at least save $100. Then base your searches on that.
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:17am
Hi JM...so glad to see you here.Actually I just read an article that said hair will be either super long or super short but nothing in the middle. I also read an article about Cameron Diaz that said that she had extensions once for an early movie with Jim Carey and it made her scalp bleed and her so bad that she was in agony and refused to have extensions for Something About Mary. So she wore a wig for that movie. I just saw the movie and you could tell that her long hair in the teen years was definitely a wig.Thanks for the scoop. I will be interested to see what happens.One other trend is really grungy, messy hair. I don't know about you but I go nuts when I can't wash my hair every day. :-)Happy New Year.Karen> Has anyone checked out the fashion mags lately? Vogue> is saying how super long hair is THE style to have for> Spring. The models are all getting hair extensions.> Nice to know we're in style again!
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic