Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked***COLOR QUESTION PLEASE HELP!***

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Regina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ***COLOR QUESTION PLEASE HELP!***
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:51am
Greetings All,I just read the best of Hair Talk part 2 about color advice and still have more questions. I have dark brown hair and am thinking of getting highlights. What color should I get? What are the trends right now for highlighting brown hair???? Any one with color experience could you let me know!!!Thanks,Regina
wild orhcid salon san luis obispo
William View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote William Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:51am
> Greetings All,> I just read the best of Hair Talk part 2 about color> advice and still have more questions. I have dark> brown hair and am thinking of getting highlights. What> color should I get? What are the trends right now for> highlighting brown hair???? Any one with color> experience could you let me know!!!> Thanks,> ReginaTo Regina; Highlighting Answers;The real question is what do you want from highlighting your hair? A bold statement? or perhaps that 'something special' look that you just can't quite put your finger on that looks very natural. People with dark hair have to be conserative with contrasting colors if they want to look natural. Think about this, how many times have you seen someone with dark hair with very washed out blonde highlights that looked just awful(maybe they are a back to nature gal and wanted the 'skunk' look?). Try a more refined look by using a medium brown,a dark auburn and a dark ash blonde or light ash brown for the highlighting mixture (three different colors in three steps please).Have your stylist make very fine, 1/4 inch partings and weave very fine sections out of the hair. Highlight each section of hair with equal weavings of each color. Go easy on using the lightest color and process as normal. Start at the bang area and continue working from a center parting.If you have long hair, hang onto your checkbook! This is an expensive process and to keep it up will cost you. This multicolor process is beautiful, and is hard to really detect, when properly done. william
Regina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:51am
William,You are the best! I love the suggestion of a look that you just can't put your finger on ! That summed up what I want to do. I basically want to put summer into my hair a little earlier that nature will allow. I will take your directions directly to my stylist. Thanks again!Regina
wild orhcid salon san luis obispo
kristen View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:52am
> Greetings All,> I just read the best of Hair Talk part 2 about color> advice and still have more questions. I have dark> brown hair and am thinking of getting highlights. What> color should I get? What are the trends right now for> highlighting brown hair???? Any one with color> experience could you let me know!!!> Thanks,> Regina
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic