Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMy Wave Pattern....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cardinal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cardinal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Wave Pattern....
    Posted: September 07 2004 at 2:15pm
Some of us brush down on our sides,some forwards, and some diagonal. I began brushing my hair down but. I noticed today when I woke up that my wave pattern is slowly moving in a diagonal direction.

What I've been doin' was brushing down at an angle but only like 3/4 of an inch forward....thats the problem with peeps who try to switch directions...you don't just start brushing in that direction...you slowly move your angle forward(i've been brushing it this way for a week so far.(medium brush)

Once I get a new camera battery I'll give ya'll some up-close pics so u can see....and compare.
dafatmack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dafatmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2004 at 3:53pm
Quote hats the problem with peeps who try to switch directions...you don't just start brushing in that direction...you slowly move your angle forward

Not exactly mayne

Some tips for changing wave pattern:
1. No more pomade - you can use gel but using pomade while changing your wave pattern will take FOREVER. The pomade HOLDS your pattern down. The gel will soften your hair and make it more manageable to change the pattern.

2. Brush while your washing your hair(or when wet) - When your hair is wet it is very manageable and soft. The key to changing your pattern is to have your hair manageable, plain and simple. Any product that can do that is something you will need. I havent tried all the products out there but I used gel and pink lotion or blue magic grease.

3. You will need a hard brush - Yes, you can use a soft brush but you won't see results as fast.

4. Brush in desired direction - Theres no need to gradually change the direction. Just go right for it. Your waves will start to look kinda wack, but you'll start seeing the "angled" coming in.

5. Don't focus so much on the sides - You should focus on the top and back. You have to try to "extend" the waves on the top and back so that they will form the waves on the side.

I don't have pics of when my sides were straight down, but I changed my pattern easily. When I first started my waves started coming in at like a 45 degree angle then they finally "curved" into the 360 pattern. Connected to the top and back of my head.
Official Dream Team Member
Dream Team Website!
My Waves

Waves flowin like da seven seas....
Cardinal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cardinal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2004 at 4:02pm
I see...thats almost what i was doin'....I have stop using pomade for bout a week now...and used gel....and I do use a hard brush(hollywood beauty)while washing my hair....so ur sayin I should just go for the dirrection i want?...oh yeah and focus on the front and back too....cuz when I shower I'm in dat ***** for bout15-20 mins just focusing on my hair; its actually going pretty well cuz I can still see my waves...and they're starting to look like the top of my head which is what I want...thanx
dafatmack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dafatmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2004 at 4:18pm
Yup, just go for it mayne.
Dream Team Website!
My Waves

Cardinal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cardinal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2004 at 4:22pm
how long did it take for u to switch patterns...give me and estimate.
dafatmack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dafatmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2004 at 4:09pm
2-3 months.
You can use pomade but it'll just take a lot longer.
Dream Team Website!
My Waves

skillz831 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skillz831 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2004 at 4:28pm
i dont got waves now but when i did i got that **** on the sides more then anything and my front was just straight what the hell do i do to fix this do I ta brush my hair a different way in the front
saiyansnake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saiyansnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2004 at 6:12pm
Yeah dude, its go take a while.
Blingin' outta controlPuff Puff

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic