Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

$100

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
buyMyHair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buyMyHair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $100
    Posted: November 13 2002 at 5:50pm
I have a friend who told me about a girl who sold her hair for $100 an inch after donating 8 inches in the Atlanta area. I have done a lot of online searching and called several places but haven`t been able to find anywhere that does that. Has anyone out there heard anything?
Jennie K View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennie K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2002 at 2:54am
It doesn`t happen. The rumor that hair can be sold for even much less is basically untrue. Hair is usually bought for such purpose as hair extensions or chemical development. Hair must be of a certain type and quality and Russian or Indian hair is usually the preferred source for many reasons.

If someone tells you that they will buy your hair be very suspicious AND get the money up front. There are a lot of fetish people who get off by shaving someone`s head but they never pay to do so. Others will promise to pay for your hair but never do it.

The reason you can`t find any info is because it is probably one of the rumors that circulates all the time...an urban myth basically.

Neffette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neffette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2002 at 6:27pm
Hi buymyhair! Heres a thought, you can donate your beautiful long hair to an organization called LOCKS OF LOVE. Its goes to children and teenagers who have cancer and lost their hair due to medication. Its gotta be hard trying to keep up with trends and be an adolesent if you don`t have hair. I also agree w/Jennie- Please be cautious is someone offers you money for your hair, cancer patients need ot more than perverts. Let us know what you decide

P.S. if you choose locks of love be sure to call your local News chanel- they love covering these stories and if you work in a Salon get some publicity.

Hope this helps:)

atlantajoe View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlantajoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2002 at 8:40am
Hi, I do buy hair in the Atlanta area. I would not give you $100 per inch but would talk to you about it if you would like.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic