Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Dancer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Ingrid16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingrid16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Dancer
    Posted: October 14 2002 at 2:42pm

He watches night by night as her feet touch the floor,
her legs taut and her skirts alight,
and upwards to where glory is hidden
bound up in modesty but still apparent as the golden lights that dance about it.

He wishes, wills, that he someday might see,
just one strand of this golden light break free,
and show its glory to all.
And yet he wishes and wills that it stay hidden and thus stay his;
for he alone knows the beauty resting atop the graceful neck of this swan,
and though he cannot see it, he knows its secrets.

But then, as she forever turns across the floor, it comes to be,
that one lock of this beauty breaks free,
and floats shining through the dark air above her, and his breath catches, for it is no longer his alone, but for all to wonder at, to envy, to love,
that such a perfection as she should be crowned with such glory, and her perfection made perfect twice over.

And she strikes her last pose, and bows down low, and this stream of gold touches the floor,
and she looks up and finds his eyes,
and he knows that his secret is safe, for he shall later find that one ray of golden light pales to the full glory of day,
when his love is returned at a time to be.
So with a smile she retreats, golden swan of the stage, and he goes to meet her at the door,
to at last touch the object of his love,
and take as his own her glory evermore....

If I had wings then I could take you in
I'd stay on the ground and show you some things
The grass is strewn with blades of gold
all sights and sounds I have been told
all hopes, desires, seem to sing
Johan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2002 at 1:17am
Ingrid darling,
You not only write into general hair talk sites, you are a poet as well, and a very talented one, although I am hardly an expert on poetry. I think you have a knack for writing my dear, and an inclination towards poetry and literature, that sort of stuff! Am I right!

You are a poet, and you know it, and you show it, don`t you know it!
Ingrid16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingrid16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2002 at 1:47am
WOW! Thanks, Johan! I`m glad you liked it. Yes, I like to write poetry (I think it would be pretentious to call myself a poet, tho). Nothing that serious, just for fun. It was kinda wierd to write a poem about hair, but I guess people have written poems about much stranger things than that. I didn`t really think that I`d get such a positive respose. You`ve made my night! :) :)

Ps; you`re quite the sweet-talker, too :)

Love, Ingrid
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2002 at 2:35pm
Delicious poem Ingrid

Yep - you`re a poet - you just didn`t know it .......

Really enjoyed it.

Applause, Applause!!!
Uzi

Ingrid16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingrid16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2002 at 1:04am
Thanks, Uzma!
Glad you liked it! :) :)
Love, Ingrid
Johan and Monique View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan and Monique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2002 at 11:50pm
Lovely Ingrid,
Like I mentioned to you before Ingrid, I am no expert on poetry, but reading your poem "THE DANCER" once again it seems to me to be unusually good, the imagery is so good, and it really is about much more than hair , it catches a mood. You should really enter this poem and other poems you write into a poetry contest, you can probably find out about them by looking up poetry contests on the internet!

HELLO INGRID,
I am Johan`s wife Monique, this is the first time I have written on this website but after Johan showed me this poem, I just had to write something to you!
I am hardly a poetic scholar myself, but this poem is beautiful, SO ROMANTIC! I am just so impressed young lady with not only the images conjured up by your wonderful use of language, but the feelings of light, space and distance, yet nearness of the principals involved, the graceful woman dancing and her male admirer, her young man in waiting! And an air of mystery, a touch of grace and artistry, and a sense of longing and love, permeate this poem. It is just so lovely, beautific subtle golden images shine through!
Young lady, you should really consider an English major if you decide to attend college. Having read some of your posts as well as your beautiful poem, you could be a poet, a writer, or a teacher! I have no idea what your other interests are, but having taken some English courses in college, you are college level in your writings!
It is just such a joy to read what you have written, and my husband is right, enter this poem and any other poem you have written of this quality into a poetry contest, don`t be shy!
And thank you Ingrid , it was so nice of you to write this poem of enchantment for us to view!
My love Ingrid!
Monique

Thanks again darling Ingrid,
Love,
Johan

Ingrid16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingrid16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2002 at 10:59am
Johan & Monique-

I don`t even know what to say....I don`t think anybody`s ever said anything so nice to me about my poems before! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!!!!!!
You guys are soooo sweet! I`m blushing!
In response to what you said, yes, I am considering an English major when I go to college. My first love is dance (the girl in the poem isnt me tho- I WISH I had long, flowing golden hair!), and thats really what I would like to do, but its a tough & competitive thing to get into, even in high school. I`ve entered a bunch of poetry contests (never won, tho :( ) and tried to get published a couple of times. I did get into my school district`s fine arts showcase for one poem :)
So, I`m gonna keep writing and hopefully find more awesome people like you guys to read my stuff :) :) :) Maybe I`ll try writing another one here.
Anyway, thanx again for your wonderful compliments, especially Monique, since from what I`ve read on Johan`s posts you were hesitant to write on this site before :). You guys have made my week!
Lots of Love & Big big hugs,
Ingrid
petite tina View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petite tina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2002 at 9:19pm
I really have to agree with Johan and Monique your poem is fabulous, and Monique is right! It is very romantic and for certain college level writing and I am a junior in college so I should know!

Thanks for writing the poem Ingrid and keep writing great stuff!
Ingrid16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingrid16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2002 at 6:08am
Thanks, Tina! Always nice to hear it... I`m trying to think of something else to write here.
Lotsa lotsa love,
Ingrid :)
Carol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2002 at 7:28pm
Beautiful poem ingrid, i can see why johan and monique made such a fuss over you, your poetry is magnicent!you seem like such a talented, sincere and sweet young woman! i hope my little son and daughter grow up with your sense of kindness and your appreciation of beauty!
Ingrid16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingrid16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2002 at 7:22am
Wow, thanks Carol!!!! :) What a wonderful compliment! I so glad you liked the poem...I didnt think that so many people would take notice of it. THANK YOU!!!!! :) :)
You guys are all so sweet!
Lotsa Lotsa Love & Big Hugs,
Ingrid
Bald Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bald Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2002 at 12:00pm
BEAUTIFUL POEM INGRID!!!
You write so well Ingrid, the others are right, you are brilliant, and such beauty and gentleness! Very professional poetry!
You are probably wondering Ingrid why a woman named Bald Jennifer writes on a hair site, yes it is true I am completely bald, I have lifelong alopecia totalis, so i have no hair on my head! However I am happily married to a wonderful man who loves me and I have a cute 5 year old son who is in kindergarden! I am proud of my baldness Ingrid, and I think I look pretty good when I carefully apply my makeup, wear a pair of elegent long earrings, an elegent silk or chiffon neckscarf and my sexiest dress and high heels and go out with my husband on the town!
But I also love wigs! I am of Spanish/Portugese heritage and have dark brown eyes so I look best in brunette wigs which I often wear. And I have a great collection of brunette wigs ranging from very short to long cascading body curled wigs going down my back! I also have a couple of blonde wigs, including a long cascading one, and of course numerous headscarves and turbans! So I certainly have my fun with hair!
And I love fashion and hair styles so much, I almost went to beauty school to be a beautician! I am still thinking of doing this!
So I enjoy so much reading about what women do with their hair, just like I enjoy my wigs and scarves! And of course jewelry! A girl has to have her earrings, necklaces and bracelets Ingrid!
I love reading what you write on the various threads Ingrid, you are a bright, warm, adorable young lady, and your poetry, as everyone has mentioned, is first rate, as is all of your writing!
God bless you Ingrid!
MUCH LOVE,
Bald Jennifer
Carol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2002 at 5:28pm
You are right Jennifer, Ingrid and her poetry are something else.
love people!
Carol
Johan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2002 at 7:24pm
Ingrid darling,
I read on one of the sites that you and your boyfriend broke up. My 16 year old daughter went through it this past summer with her boyfriend. My 18 year old daughter has been through it. My wife and I each went through it several times before we met each other,(in fact both her and I spent alot of time alone in our lives .). I will tell you the same thing I told my 16 year old daughter, I am glad she broke up with her pimply faced smart mouthed punk boyfriend, I don`t need my daughter pregnant yet or hanging around a bunch of no good teenage punks who take dope and misbehave!
My advice Ingrid, join a nunnery until your 25, then get married to a 35 or 40 year old guy who is completely responsible and will do right by you and your kids. Also never, never, never, go out with an idiot that doesn`t like sexy sophisticated short hairstyles on women. Some women over the age of 18 look good in long hair, but most grown up sophisticated women look go in sexy short styles.
As far as men goes it doesn`t matter if we have short hair or long hair, we are mainly there just for sex and a paycheck anyway, every woman knows that!
I`m glad you broke up with your boyfriend beautiful Ingrid, you are too young to get pregnant! When the time is right young lady! In the interim concentrate on your studies at school and your writing. You have a glorious career ahead of you! And you know that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Much love,
Johan the wise man!
Johan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2002 at 7:34pm
And Ingrid,
I may be a middle aged guy but I am in very good shape for a guy my age and I TAKE NO GUFF FROM ANY YOUNG TEENAGE PUNK KID, AND MY DAUGHTERS BOYFRIENDS KNOW THIS, and you bet they are afraid of me, I am tougher than them and they know it! So they have to be good to my daughters, or they are dead meat!!!!!
But take my advice, concentrate on your studies, and then get married at 25 or so after you get out of the nunnery or college, or both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Beatnik Guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beatnik Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2002 at 7:39pm
Wonderful, Ingrid! :o)
Thanks for sharing this with us.

Chris
Ingrid16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingrid16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2002 at 11:24am
THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
I`m soooo touched by everything you guys have said. I`m blushing!!!!!!!
Bald Jennifer- thanks for your wonderful compliments & for being so open & honest. I`m glad that you`ve learned to adjust to your condition (is that the right term for it?- I dont want to be insulting or anything like that). Its really cool that you have so much fun with wigs & stuff, and even cooler that your husband & family are so supportive & loving :) You`re really blessed! Oh yeah, I agree with you; a girl as GOT to have her jewelry! Lotsa love & a big hug to ya!
Johan- thanks for everything you said...you made me smile :) And don`t worry- I won`t get into any of that kind of trouble. Dont wanna get too personal, but I signed an abstinence pledge that they passed around my school last year, so I`m committed to it, & I`m not into drugs of any kind (I smoked cigarettes for about two weeks & quit cuz it messed with my dancing). So don`t worry, you won`t have to come around and beat anybody up! :) :) Anway, you`re really sweet to care. Thanks again for all your kind words & advice.
And finally to Chris the Beatnik guy- thank YOU for reading! Really happy you liked it! :)

Lotsa love & big, big hugs to all of you!
Ingrid
Johan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2002 at 3:04am
Ingrid,
Read Missy Raeder thread again on celebrity talk board! I have written you something!
Love,
Johan
Ingrid16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingrid16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2002 at 2:08pm
Hey Johan-
I read the thing you wrote on the other board... what a wonderful fancy! I wouldn`t mind that coming true! (sans the haircut & shaved eyebrows tho- sorry but I still don`t like them :) ) I`ll take the perfect husband and diamond earrings. I think if I had to stand in front of a huge crowd and speak I`d probably get sick or faint or something. I`m not good at being the center of attention unless I`m dancing, in which case its almost like being someone else...sort of a shield I guess.
Anyway, thanks for your wonderful compliments and sweet words and for taking the time to write me such a nice message. Hope I can write you some more poetry soon!
Lotsa Love,
Ingrid
Ingrid16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingrid16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2002 at 2:40pm
I turned this one in to be published in the school paper....and they did it!!!! Woo-Hoo! OK, so its not the New England Poetry Review, but its somethin`!

:)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic