Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Delusions of Grandeur

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ingrid16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingrid16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Delusions of Grandeur
    Posted: November 13 2002 at 2:42am

Before a silver mirror she sits
and braids her golden hair
in lace and love she waits for him
knowing that her glow will call him home
light on a hill, moth to a flame
that her golden crown will please him
so she dreams a shining dream
golden ghost in a silver stream
bathed in memory under darkening skies
and hopes that he`ll be pleased.

"Once you were golden," says the Love to the Lost
"Once you were flowing, once you were free
once you were almost the girl of my dreams
all I could fancy to wish you to be."

But upon a sharp edge his dream died
sheared asunder and dropped to the floor
and swept away like lost summer days...

Do you remember that girl with the sunlit hair,
eyes of sky that adored you there,
heart beating fast and soul laid bare?

Oh, Love, that once again I could feel
your lips on mine and your hands in my hair
I`ll shine for you like I did before
I`ll be golden for you, the one you adore.
Is it wrong to want to be loved like this?
Is it sad to get weak with just one kiss?
Am I a fool for wanting to fulfill your wish?

Then I wake up in darkness, and now I am night
your dear crown of gold has faded from light
and so new flowing glory is catching your eye
and I return to golden dreams
and say my goodbyes.

But dreams are a curse, a curse that you share
and your dreams are as hollow
as mine are stripped bare.
Black tresses blowing in the winds of despair
shatters that dream girl with the flowing gold hair
Still I love you but this night`s too long not to share
And may the wings of ravens
come to haunt you there.

If I had wings then I could take you in
I'd stay on the ground and show you some things
The grass is strewn with blades of gold
all sights and sounds I have been told
all hopes, desires, seem to sing
Johan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2002 at 9:53pm
Lovely Ingrid, it`s me Johan!
That is a great poem but kind of sad, I hope it is not too autobiographical in the sense that you are less beautiful or more haunted because you have cute adorable dark hair now, rather than long blonde hair! You know me, I would like your new hairstyle better anyway!
I`m going to let my wife write you something now, turning the computer over to her.

HI AGAIN INGRID,
Monique here,

A very haunting poem Ingrid, and I know it is partially drawn from your experiences, including the breakup with your boyfriend which Johan told me about( I swear Ingrid, you are like another daughter to Johan or a niece or something, an internet daughter or niece, he tells me things that you write, I think he actually worries about you sometimes, you must be exceptional)!

The quality of the poem to me Ingrid, is again first rate, with a real feel for space and time again, and I like your imagery so much, and your subtle use of color, and how you contrasted day and night, and I could almost see the stars sparkle and glow, when you subtly described nighttime!

Where do you get this talent Ingrid, were your parents or grandparents writers or poets ? Do you have any brothers or sisters who have an interest in writing or the arts?

Once again young lady, BRAVO!!!
And all of my love! And please Ingrid, continue to show us and others your poems!!!
Johan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2002 at 10:12pm
Ingrid,

This is me again Monique!

HOW COULD I BE SO STUPID! I was commenting on the poem that Uzma had posted by the famous poet, I had read that right before your poem, then Johan and I started talking about something else, and I analysed the wrong poem! HOW STUPID OF ME!

Now I will comment on your poem Ingrid( I think I got the two poems mixed a little in my mind, duh!).

Johan is right, your poem is sad and haunted, and probably somewhat autobiographical! Still the quality is superb once again. I don`t know much of the details of your breakup with your boyfriend Ingrid but you are so young, everything seems more intense when you are a teenager!
I was so shy in high school Ingrid that I would even turn down dates from guys, I was so frightened of them not liking me or me not knowing what to say, it took me years to build my confidence, you have much more confidence and probably maturity than I had at your age. It wasn`t that I was a such a homely girl, people told me I was pretty, and I believe I was intelligent, (I got good grades), but for complex reasons, too much to explain here, I was very shy. So I commend you on going out and dating guys and experiencing the ups and downs of life a little, and don`t worry honey, a girl of your quality is going to have plenty of guys you can meet and date! You are just in the beginning of that long game!

Much love once again Ingrid

Monique
Ingrid16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingrid16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2002 at 10:19am
Hi Johan & Monique! Thanks for reading- I`m really happy you liked it! :) :)
Yeah, its pretty autobiographical...I guess that`s my way of dealing with things; write sloppy, over-emotional poetry & stuff about them :) I may as well admit my foolery- the main reason I wanted blond hair was cuz I know he likes blondes & I really wanted him to like me. Like you, Monique, I guess I`m pretty shy- I never have the nerve to talk to boys much, and he was the only guy that ever seemed to like me like that....anyway, whining now, so I`ll stop.
Here`s to being older & wiser :) :) :)
Thanks again for reading & caring & especially to Monique for sharing your own experience.
Lotsa Love & Big Hugs
Ingrid

PS- Monique, I`m really, really flattered that you thought that Lord Byron`s poem was mine...were you just putting me on to make me feel better? :)
Have fun! View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Have fun! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2002 at 6:45pm
My wife and I will always love you Ingrid, but it is time to get back to our lifes!
You have everything going for you darling, keep writing, and God will love you and bless you!

much love ,
J and M
Have fun View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Have fun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2002 at 5:26pm
Ingrid I wrote an apology and explanation on hair politics . I read what you said, I am sorry, someone who is over 40 years old with two teenage daughters your age should never decieve people, you are right it is not harmless, I should have known better, I hope you read what I wrote on hair politics, I am writing you from the library I have been banned from Hair Talk on my own computer, which I deserve.
J
Ingrid16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingrid16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2002 at 4:26pm
J-
Thanks for the apology. I appreciate it.

I :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic