Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

looking for good heat protectant

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Spaci32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spaci32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: looking for good heat protectant
    Posted: November 03 2002 at 2:01pm

I just started a new job and it requires me to be "professional" . So that means that I will be unable to wear it in my pony tail and need to fix it up. I was just going to blow dry it and let it go after that but I need suggestions for a good blow dryer protector. My hair is a bit on the thin and fine side so I don`t want anything that will weigh it down too much but if it will do the job and keep it healthy then I will be okay with that. It doesn`t start for a few more weeks so I`m safe until then.

Traci
A wish is a desire without any attempt to attain its end.
Budokan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Budokan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2002 at 4:13pm
Too much heat can make the hair dry and dull. If you are going to use hot appliances often, it`s a good idea to use thermal heat activated shampoos and conditioners that improve the condition of the hair as you heat style, encouraging shine and softness. Thermasilk and Neutrogena (Heatsafe) have good heat activated shampoo/conditioning products and Phyto PhytoStyle spray (sold on this web site) is an excellent product to protect your hair.

Something my wife frequently does is wear her hair in a bun (if your hair can put in a pony tail, it can be put into a bun). This gives it a break from the hair dryer still looks professional. We have also braided her hair and coiled it in a bun - simple but elegant.

Congratulations on your new job. ;) I`m sure you will be a big a success. Good luck!
liz_naz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liz_naz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2002 at 5:32pm
tigi straight talk straightening balm

OR

john frieda`s frizz ease serum

OR

John frieda`s sheer blonde funky chunky serum

OR

ANY mousse

OR

kerastase blowdrying cream

anything like that, put on your hair while your hair is damp... then blow dry small sections...starting from bottom to top :)

goodluck, and congrats on new job, im sure u`ll look smart :)
---------------x
:Liz_Naz* (",)
Spaci32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spaci32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2002 at 1:14pm
Thanks guys for the great help. I`ve done a bit of research and decided to go with phyto. Hopefully it`ll do the job. And thanks for the encouragement. It`s a director of social services at a nursing and rehab home so I`m not too concerned with my look there. I`m pretty sure anything will be considered chic and cute with them.
A wish is a desire without any attempt to attain its end.
Stinka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stinka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2002 at 5:24pm
Liz naz?!

Blow dry from bottom to top? Are you saying one should blow dry their hair from the tip to root, directing the blow dry upwards?! Ahh! Won`t that totally ruin and damage your hair, making the hair folicles stand up, instead of down?

Im scared.

:p
"And to make a long story short, I was wearing an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time..."
MixX-MaMa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MixX-MaMa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2002 at 2:58pm
well what you can do is use a cream....the brand "911" makes it....its a dark blue bottle with a pink cap.....it says "911 Heat Protector Cream" use can use that w/ a flat iron.....flat irons leave my hair straight and shiny...im not promising that it will do the same for you, but it works for me....good luck w/ whateva it is you plan to do :)
Love Ur Hair
Dark40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2012 at 10:43pm
The best heat protectant spray I use is It's a 10 leave-in for blow-drying.  it really does 10 things to your hair while blow-drying.  it not only protects your hair from the heat of the blow-dryer but it also leaves your hair feeling and looking very shiny and healthy, and it also prevents split ends or damage.
Shannon D. Bax
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic