Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best Hot Oil For Hair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
KatieKurly View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KatieKurly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2002 at 2:15am
Karen,

Have you tried using black current oil on your hair? I buy the liquid capsules and prick with a straight pin and then squeeze the black current oil into a base of almond or sesame oil. It really helps my ends a lot.

Anyone else use black current oil on the exterior?

Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2002 at 3:44pm
Hi,

I have not tried the black current oil on my hair externally although now that you mention it I will add that to my list of experiments. :-) I do take black current oil internally along with other essential fatty acids ranging from hemp oil to flaxseed oil. Sometimes I sprinkle crushed flaxseeds into my salads and then will also take a black current oil capsule in the morning. I am a huge believer of EFAs.

I have done the pin prick trick with Vitamin E and then smoothed the oil on my skin and ends. I like that. It feels like I am getting the most pure form and it is less messy than the actual E oil you can buy.

Thanks for the tip. I will let you know what happens.

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
GloryGirl View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GloryGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2002 at 7:50pm
I never thought about pricking Vitamin E with a pin to get the oil. That sounds like a great experiment to try.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic