Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Milk Thistle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Milk Thistle
    Posted: January 05 2002 at 6:33am
I started taking this liquid herbal supplement this week in warm water because my herbalist told me that my liver was beat up from my recent cold/flu/cold/virus cycle that lasted for about 3 weeks. Ironically this all started when I wrote that article about what happens when your hair catches cold. Almost immediately I got a cold and my hair went nuts like it always does.

The bad news is that the cold went to a flu back to a cold and then a virus and now I am finally feeling like myself although my energy is still a little down. My herb lady told me that milk thistle helps build up the liver and the immune system and that it also will help my hair.

It tastes yucky but I have noticed that my hair is feeling spunkier than normal so I am going to watch and see what happens as I take this junk.

Has anyone else done a turn on Milk Thistle? I would love to hear what happened and why you were taking it.

Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Janie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2002 at 12:54am
OK. I tried this liquid junk a long time ago and it was horrible to taste. It did make me recover from a bad virus quicker, or at least it seemed. I think I am a baby about these things though. :-(
foxfan318 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxfan318 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2002 at 4:04am
I take cayenne pepper capsules 3x a day. It increases your body temperature and kills off whatever is trying to get ahold of you.

for prevention: I alternate A D A D

Agrisept: 2x a year 5 drops in 8 oz of juice for 3 days

Diatomatious Earth: 2x a year 1 tsp in 8 oz for 3 days
Hair type: fine but thick; natural blonde with 15% grey
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2002 at 9:38am
Hi Trix,

I love the cayenne pepper suggestion. Unfortunately I have a history of delicate elimination systems and the cayenne seems to cause burning in my lower parts. :-( YUCK. Not fun.

I stay away from hot peppers, cayenne and even salsa in Texas, which is like the state treasure, so it is almost un-Texan to pass on the salsa. :-)

I did use cayenne last summer as part of a poultice when I got attacked by fire ants. It took the sting right out and healed the bites pretty quickly.

A lot of people use it for their scalp too. Any thoughts on scalp remedies?

Thanks for your recipe. I think it would be great for a lot of people to try.

Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
foxfan318 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxfan318 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2002 at 9:14pm
what about lower doses? sometimes I have the same response with the lower parts and have to lessen it to 2 caps 2x a day or 1 cap 2x a day.

just a thought.

trix
Hair type: fine but thick; natural blonde with 15% grey
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2002 at 1:42am
Great idea but I have to admit that I am a big chicken. I had a couple years where my ahem bladder could catch on fire from the simple act of drinking spicy tea. But I might be bold and give it a try.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Karen
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic