Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Echinacea?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
foxfan318 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxfan318 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Echinacea?
    Posted: January 09 2002 at 12:16am
>>Some studies have indicated that take echinace too often can cause your body to build up a tolerance for it and thus cancel out its germ busting abilities. <<

what I do with any herb -- to prevent a tolerance -- is one week on, three weeks off.
Hair type: fine but thick; natural blonde with 15% grey
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2002 at 1:50am
Hi GloryGirl,

Echinacea is also known as the purple coneflower and is a member of the daisy family. It is sold as teas, capsules and extracts. Yes, it boosts the immune system, helps prevent colds, the flue and other illnesses and infections. Indirectly it could help hair growth because a healthy immune system will do a much better job of growing healthy hair than one that is unhealthy or sluggish. I would not take echinacea unless you want to help with a cold/flu/virus. Some studies have indicated that take echinace too often can cause your body to build up a tolerance for it and thus cancel out its germ busting abilities.

The jury is still out on whether this is true or not but it is certainly a consideration.

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
GloryGirl View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GloryGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2002 at 2:07am
I know this herb is good for colds and flu but does it help/hinder hair?

Great new boards. Love the topics. Couldn`t stop till I read every single post. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic