Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rosemary For Hair & Brain Cells?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cyndy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rosemary For Hair & Brain Cells?
    Posted: January 12 2002 at 5:28pm
Greetings,

I don`t have any rosemary hair recipes to share but I can tell you that a good friend of mine drinks rosemary tea because she believes it helps her memory. She is in early stages of menopause and finds that she is more forgetful but that the rosemary tea really helps her with cobwebs. She started using the tea but is going to experiment with rosemary hair oils.

I would love to pass any recipes back to her if anyone has them to share.

foxfan318 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxfan318 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2002 at 10:49pm
The oil has a positive effect on the digestive system, helpful for indigestion, colitis and constipation. It is also good or hepatic disorders being a liver and gall-bladder tonic.

The circulatory system also benefits from the oil. The oil an normalize blood pressure and help combat hardening of the arteries.

Rosemary is good for rheumatic and muscular pain, especially tired and over worked muscles. It has a warming effect on cold limbs and is helpful in the winter for rheumatism aggravated by cold.

Rosemary has a stimulating effect on the nerves and is beneficial for all nervous disorders including hysteria, and paralysis.

The other benefits of rosemary include a positive effect on menstrual cramps, an excellent skin tonic property, a stimulant for the scalp encouraging hair growth and providing treatment for dandruff and greasy hair.

The emotional benefits of Rosemary include its ability to clear the mind and the emotions promoting mental clarity, it also provides an uplifting boost to confidence.

~~~~~~

I add some to my conditioner and also add about 5-10 drops to 1 oz of carrier oil for hot oil treatments. One of my favorite blends is rosemary - mint (equal parts of each eo in carrier oil on the hair for 20 min)

Trix
Hair type: fine but thick; natural blonde with 15% grey
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic