Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Olive Oil For Pets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
foxfan318 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxfan318 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Olive Oil For Pets
    Posted: January 14 2002 at 10:15pm
Awww.. I`m sorry. I know that feeling and it`s horrible. :(

Ours won`t walk in the snow...but he will roll in it.

and he can`t sleep unless he has one of my articles of clothing or is on our pillows.

I came home from therapy to find him curled up on husbands pillow with my bra and tennis shoe...

Then he looks up like we are disturbin him. sheesh.
Hair type: fine but thick; natural blonde with 15% grey
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2002 at 9:56pm
Hi Trix,

I had a yellow lab who died about 1 year ago from old age. She was so prissy that she hated walking on wet grass. It was bizarre. She would prance through the grass and lift her feet really high and then wrinkle her nose. I just love labs. They are the coolest dogs. :-)

Thanks for the report.

Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
foxfan318 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxfan318 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2002 at 9:49pm
ok this is going to sound a little gross....

i have dry itchy condition in my left ear, I believe it is some version of swimmers ear, and i have tried everything to get it to go away...it itches so bad that i scratch with a bobby pin which is not safe.... but olive oil helps the itching...candling the ear helps too...

another thing about olive oil...momma used to put it in our ears for ear aches when i was a kid.

Our austrailian sheltie/shepard has horrible dandruff and I add olive oil and tea tree eo to his shampoo in the summer time... can`t do it right now because it`s montana and it`s cold! lol I don`t even take them to the hairdresser in the winter time because I don`t want them to get sick.

Both (I have a yellow lab too) love it and are so prissy after they get a bath, what a site to see...
Hair type: fine but thick; natural blonde with 15% grey
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2002 at 9:40pm
Hi all,

I am getting totally aborbed by oils and reading all I can about the various carrier oils. I found this little scrap of paper I had cut out about 2 years ago about olive oil. It was an article by a vet who said that olive oil dabbed on your pet`s minor skin injuries is a handy healer. Not only will it help to reduce pain but it can help heal burns. It is also considered good for easing the itching and inflammation from flea and mosquito bites.

I had a collie that would bite all the hair off his tail every summer in St. Louis because of fleas. I just wish I had known about olive oil as a treatment for him.

Who could know how many ways you can use olive oil?

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic