Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Unscented Monoi Oil

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Merlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unscented Monoi Oil
    Posted: January 17 2002 at 2:49pm
I have read about Monoi Oil on this discussion board many times and have used it as a deep conditioner for dry/damaged hair.

As we know, Monoi Oil is basically coconut oil that has been steeped with flowers. Some people I know would like to try it but are allergic to scents.

During my travels on the web, I found a site that sells "fractionated" coconut oil. Fractionated oil is tasteless, colorless, odorless, and has an unlimted shelf life.

If this interests you, go to http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/ From the navigation menu on the left, select FIXED OILS AND BUTTERS, about half way down you will find "coconut oil - fractionated".

I have not personally used this supplier but those that have expressed high satisfaction with them and their products.

At 16 oz. for $6.95, it is certainly worth a look.
Merlin
foxfan318 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxfan318 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2002 at 6:06pm
I have used supplies from these guys, and they are pretty good.

Hair type: fine but thick; natural blonde with 15% grey
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2002 at 2:09am
Originally posted by Merlin Merlin wrote:

I have read about Monoi Oil on this discussion board many times and have used it as a deep conditioner for dry/damaged hair.

As we know, Monoi Oil is basically coconut oil that has been steeped with flowers. Some people I know would like to try it but are allergic to scents.

During my travels on the web, I found a site that sells "fractionated" coconut oil. Fractionated oil is tasteless, colorless, odorless, and has an unlimted shelf life.

If this interests you, go to http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/ From the navigation menu on the left, select FIXED OILS AND BUTTERS, about half way down you will find "coconut oil - fractionated".

I have not personally used this supplier but those that have expressed high satisfaction with them and their products.

At 16 oz. for $6.95, it is certainly worth a look.

Thank you Merlin. Great link.

I have to tell you, the more I research oils, the more I discover that needs to be discovered. :-)

By the way, have you ever read anything by Viktoras Kulvinskas? I have been rereading my old copy of Life in The 21st Century and wondering whatever happened to him?

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Budokan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Budokan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2002 at 6:12pm
Hi Karen

I found a web site that has the latest on Viktoras Kulviskas and the books he has written:

http://www.rawfood.com/kulvinskas.html

Hope this helps. :)
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2002 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by Budokan Budokan wrote:

Hi Karen

I found a web site that has the latest on Viktoras Kulviskas and the books he has written:

Hi Budokan,

Thank you so much for the link. I am going there now. Are you a fan of his?

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2002 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by Karen Shelton Karen Shelton wrote:

Originally posted by Budokan Budokan wrote:

Hi Karen

Hi Budokan,

Thank you so much for the link. I am going there now. Are you a fan of his?

Best wishes,
Karen

Hi Budokan,

Wow. I bought Survival almost 20 years ago. It is interesting to see that it is still around. Although I bought my original copy for $8.95 and now it is $26.95. :-)

I also have his Life In The 21st Century which was the follow-up book to Survival and it is full of letters from people that have tried various things mentioned in the Survival book.

I have to admit that it is all fascinating to me.

Thanks again.

Best wishes,
Karen
Budokan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Budokan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2002 at 12:04pm
Hello Karen,

Glad I could provide you with the information you were looking for.

My wife got the book "Survival" as a gift so I guess you could say I`m a fan by association. I do find his theories interesting though.

Have a nice one! ;)
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2002 at 9:38pm
Hi Budokan,

What I am most fascinated with are the different photos of him as he tried the different types of food plans. I was especially intriqued with how he looked after being on an all fruit diet.

I have tried all fruit diets and the thing I miss the most if "crunchy". Yeah, I know apples are crunchy but after several days on just fruit I miss those horrible foods like chips & hot sauce. After all I do live in Texas. :-)

Best wishes,
Karen
Budokan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Budokan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2002 at 9:05pm
I can relate to your last statement, Karen. After a few days of fruits and veggies, the smell of french fries and cinnabuns seems to be all around me! Those food courts are killers! ;)
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2002 at 4:10am
Hi Budokan,

The funny thing is that even though I know that potatoes are bad for me personally, I can not resist baked potatoes and French fries. Sugar is also one of my cravings although chocolate is probably the worst. :-) And no, carob is just not the same for me. :-( I know that all these yummy foods are not good for my health, skin and hair so I try to indulge only every once in awhile.

Best wishes,
Karen
Budokan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Budokan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2002 at 3:07pm
Hi Karen,

I am with you on that one. Sometimes I get an overwhelming urge and NOTHING will do but the real thing. Amazing, isn`t it? And you are so right about carob - just not the same thing at all. Sometimes nothing will do but a chocolate shake. I, too, try to hold it to a minimum. No sense in turning the lower 40 into the lower 80 if you know what I mean. ;)

Have a good one!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2002 at 2:45am
Hi Budokan,

Yeah...lower 40 into the lower 80...definitely a scary thought. :-)

Another food that just doesn`t substitue IMO is tofu. When I lived in St. Louis (no, not a Rams fan) a guy I know had a tofu store. He manufactured tofu and he always brought tofu dishes to social events. One time he brought a peanut butter tofu pie. Everyone was raving how much it tasted like a peanut butter treat but between you and me it tasted nothing like a dessert. It had a really heavy ...well...tofu taste. UGH.

His next attempt was chocolate tofu pie. Even worse because he used carob...the fake chocolate.

Give me a Godiva truffle any day and let my skin break out for a good cause. :-)

Best wishes,
Karen
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic