Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Henna? An Alternative Haircolor?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GloryGirl View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GloryGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Henna? An Alternative Haircolor?
    Posted: January 26 2002 at 3:42am
I have heard pros and cons on using henna. Is it a good alternative to hair color products?
Budokan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Budokan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2002 at 8:33am
I have some experience using henna and it has been generally positive. I have mainly used the neutral henna as a conditioner with very good results. I know people that use henna on a regular basis and swear by it for maintaining their red hair. However, I have seen some really strange colors come from using henna too. If you are considerig henna as a way to cover gray - BE CAREFUL. Unless you use the right type of henna, you may get clown colors.

Here is a web site maintained by a woman that has been using it for 10 years: http://reverndbunny.sphosting.com/hair.htm

Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2002 at 3:59am
Hi Budokan,

Thank you so much for the link. I was not aware of it before your post.

Jeff and I are in the process of automating our links pages (they are totally out of control at this point) and will be adding hundreds of new links. I have added this to my list, thank to you.

One thing I have heard over and over about henna that adds color is that it actually forms like a seal around the hair cuticle sort of like saran wrap and that it coats the hair and can actually cause hair to become resistent to future applications.

I have also heard that the neutral henna is very good since it is not adding the color and can be very conditioning.

This subject fascinates me because I have heard such a wide range of experiences from wonderful to horrible.

Thanks so much.
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic