Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Greying Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Anna View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greying Hair
    Posted: January 27 2002 at 3:03am
I am 37 and my hair starts to turn white or grey if you like it. I am on cabrimaizole, a kind of tyhroid pills for more than 6 years. I use to have very dark hair. My doctor did warn me certain people might react differently to the medicine. Can anyone recommend or suggest any natural remedies for greying or white hair?
Merlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2002 at 7:13am
Here is a web site with an herbal recipe for gray hair:

http://www.pioneerthinking.com/graydye.html

I haven`t tried it but they say it works.

Good luck! :)
Merlin
Anna View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2002 at 2:49am
Thanks Merlin I will try that now
Merlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2002 at 10:24am
You`re welcome. Let us know how it works. Good luck! :)
Merlin
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2002 at 4:07am
Originally posted by Anna Anna wrote:

I am 37 and my hair starts to turn white or grey if you like it. I am on cabrimaizole, a kind of tyhroid pills for more than 6 years. I use to have very dark hair. My doctor did warn me certain people might react differently to the medicine. Can anyone recommend or suggest any natural remedies for greying or white hair?

Hi,

I have been taking thyroid pills for over 2 years but not cabrimaizole. Although I have not noticed hair color changes, I have had to fight hair mood swings with regard to dryness and brittleness.

A friend of mine who has white hair uses black tea as a hair rinse to darken her hair. She takes 3-4 tea bags boils them and then lets the tea steep in the water for about 8-10 hours. Then she pours the tea liquid through her hair after a shampoo but before the final rinse that she does with cold/cool water. She uses a bowl to catch the tea rinse so that she can pour it through several times so as to not lose the concentrated tea water.

She does this every week and over time her hair has definitely gotten darker.

One warning, the tea can stain light towels and sheets so make sure that you keep this in mind if you try her technique.

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
cALI View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cALI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2002 at 6:42pm
iM 17 AND i HAVE ALOT of grey hair(since 9 yrs old) Is there a natural herb or something to get rid of it or to stimulate the production of pigment? Any alternative to hair dying is good for me. i dont think henna would work. dont it wash out after 1 shampoo? is there any way to stop the grey from progressing? please help. im too young to have 45% grey hair? anything, meditation techniques, acupressure, something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic