Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Herbal Rinse for Blondes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Herbal Rinse for Blondes
    Posted: March 28 2002 at 2:02am
Thank you so much for taking the time to share this with us. :-)

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Budokan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Budokan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2002 at 5:03am
Found this while cruising the Long Hair Lovers web site. It is from `The Companion Book of Herbs` by Diana Craig and Sarah Harris.

I must admit that I had never heard of the herb mullein before so I did some research and found a description of the plant at http://altnature.com/gallery/mullien.htm

Here is the recipe from the book:

`Chamomile is a well known natural lightener for fair hair. The addition of mullein to this mixture will give the hair a golden glow.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup dried or 1 cup fresh chamomile flowers
1/2 cup dried or 1 cup fresh mullein flowers
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 cups water

Bring the water to the boil, then pour over the flowers. Leave to infuse for 30-60 minutes, strain, add the lemon juice, and use as a final rinse after shampooing.

Variations:
If you simply want to lighten the hair, make a chamomile rinse with a handful of flowers to 2 cups of water, and leave to steep for 20 minutes to 3 hours. Alternatively, a simple rinse made with mullein leaves will give the hair golden tinge.`

I don`t know of anyone that has tried the recipe yet but it sounds good. If any fair hairs try it, I would be very interested in the results.

Good luck! ;)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic