Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Recipes In Honor Of Merlin - Part 2 - Spice Necklaces!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Recipes In Honor Of Merlin - Part 2 - Spice Necklaces!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recipes In Honor Of Merlin - Part 2 - Spice Necklaces!
    Posted: March 28 2002 at 1:56am
Hi Merlin & all,

When I lived in St. Louis there were two women that lived on a little farm outside of the city and they grew herbs and made oils and all sorts of cool things. One of the women always had lots and lots of energy. So one day I asked her for her secret.

She smiled and didn`t tell me. A week later she gave me a beautiful gift wrapped package. Inside was a necklace and matching bracelet. The necklace was made out of a thin strip of brown suede that tied in the back. The centerpiece of the necklace was a long piece of cinnamon stick that had been drilled about 2 inches from the top to make sure the stick would hold steadily on the necklace. The "beads of the necklace" were made with drilled nutmeg and vanilla beans. The necklace was unique, pretty and smelled wonderful.

Pat told me that the cinnamon was energizing and that combo of the cinnamon and nutmeg together helped her stay focused and energized.

The bracelet was a smaller version of the necklace with a smaller cinnamon stick asthe focal point and only 2 nutmegs. The bracelet was made out of matchin suede.

I wore that jewelry under my clothes and it did make a difference. I felt both energerized but calm at the same time. I got a lot of compliments on my "perfume".

Pat gave me a different necklace for Christmas and she used small chunks of cinnamon as the "beads" with a large nutmeg as the focal piece. I actually preferred the first necklace for energy.

This is an easy set to make. Buy fresh whole cinnamon sticks that have enough room to drill. Drill a hole for the necklace with a small hand drill. A power drill would destroy the cinnamon stick so something that is small and designed to drill through fruit and or nuts would be best.

The suede strips can be bought at material stores.

You can also use ribbon as the necklace but the life of the necklace would be limited. Another option is cording. String could work but would not be as pretty.

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2002 at 1:57am
PS. I forgot to mention that the added energy from the cinnamon necklace actually seemed to travel up from my neck and at times I could almost feel a slight tingle to my back of my scalp. Even though this was an "energy spice necklace" because you wear it near your hair, who knows...maybe it can stimulate energy to your hair follicles and overall scalp, which is important for healthy hair growth. :-) But then again...maybe not.

Please remember that this alternative health board is to have fun and speculate on new ideas about hair and it is not designed to be scientific.

Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Becky Jean View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Becky Jean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2002 at 3:49am
Hi to all you good folks sharing these amazing recipes. I can`t wait to check this board when I get off from work every night. I am a nurse and I wear my hair pinned up to be out of the way. So to get to play with these recipes at home is so fun.

Karen - I wanted to let you know that I made my first attempt at the spice necklace and it turned out a little lopsided but now I am going to try a bigger piece of cinnamon for the next attempt. :-)

Merlin - I love the avocado deep conditioner. It made my hair really soft and silky.

Budokan - Thank you for the smoothie recipe. I can`t wait to try it.

Thank you all for this great topic area.

Connie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Connie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2002 at 6:15am
Where can you find the long spice pieces? At the grocery store? Also, what type of food drill can you use? Any tips would be appreciated.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic