Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shark Liver Oils?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jim Mulligan View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Mulligan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shark Liver Oils?
    Posted: March 31 2002 at 4:34pm
My wife is trying to grow her hair longer and she showed me a year old copy of Cosmo magazine that recommended that you take shark liver oil complex to help hair grow. The article recommended that you take two capsules daily and it will help.

The article also recommended Phytotherathries Phytophanere hair vitamin as being really good. My wife takes the HairTopia vitamins and feels that they are really helping but I am wondering if she should also take the shark liver oil and/or the Phytophanere?

Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2002 at 12:03am
Hi Jim,

I always say...if something is working - don`t break it. So I would not recommend that your wife switch from HairTopia to the Phyto if the HairTopia is working for her. However, shark oil can really help some people. Other Essential Fatty Acids can also help. I personally take a variety of EFAs every day. When I don`t I notice that my skin and hair dry out a little bit.

If you do have your wife take either the shark or other oils, make sure you get top quality that are stored properly and refrigerated to avoid rancidity.

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
hey View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2002 at 11:00pm
anyone try this? does it do anything?
Amy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2002 at 3:05pm
Hi I`m interested in trying the shark liver oil but I`m afraid it will make me break out. Does anyone know it will make you break out more. Thanks.

KaleidoscopeAmy@aol.com
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2003 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by Karen Shelton Karen Shelton wrote:

Hi Jim,

Other Essential Fatty Acids can also help. I personally take a variety of EFAs every day. When I don't I notice that my skin and hair dry out a little bit.

is the efas in omega 3?
Robert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2003 at 9:45pm
Shark oil should not be used simply because of the way it is obtained. The people tho catch the sharks do not differentiate between endangered and non-endangered species. It is the same way with shark cartilage. Don't get me wrong, i'm not a vegan. We all just need to be careful what we do in regards to the other species on this planet.
Now, since I told you not to use shark oil, it's only fair that I offer alternatives.
Honey can be either ingested or used on the hair itself to make the hair healthy(note: eating honey from your area will also work to fight allergies)
Rosemary can also be used to make a tea that will encourage hair growth. Rosemary tea on it's own is not very tasty, so you can mix it with green or white tea. the antioxidants in green and white tea are also good for your overall health, which is good for your hair. The straight rosemary tea can be used as a rinse before shampooing. Just don't use it hot, let it cool first before dumping it on your hair.
Also, cod liver oil is good to ingest for your hair. It doesn't tase very good, but it works.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic