Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cocoa Butter?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jim Mulligan View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Mulligan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cocoa Butter?
    Posted: March 31 2002 at 5:40pm
Hi,

I`m back. I have been reading all the articles here at HB.com all day today instead of hunting for Easter eggs but now I am addicted to the topics. So much great info here and on the boards (good job Karen). Now my question. I have seen references to using cocoa butter as deep conditioners for longer hair? CAn this be left on overnight? Doesn`t cocoa butter get too greasy?

Thanks,
Jim
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2002 at 12:00am
Hi Jim,

Glad you are here. Thanks for the compliments on the boards. Yes, cocoa butter can be left on overnight and yes it is messy. It can work well for some people. I have never had much luck with it but then I am more partial to the oils than the butters. Nothing wrong w/ cocoa butter, just not my forte.

I have been getting rolfed since 1981 and the first rolfer I went to used cocoa butter that he melted in his hands as his softening agent for the body work. The aroma was heavenly. I decided to try and apply it to my hair but it was just too messy.

I have read that lots of folks use it with great results. I guess the key is to experiment and let us know what you find.

Best wishes,
Karen

PS. I hope you come back to this board often and share.
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
GloryGirl View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GloryGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2002 at 7:58pm
I love to play around with my cocoa butter and mix it with all sorts of other oils and butters.

I like to melt my cocoa butter in a double boiler on the store to get a more even consistency. Sometimes I will add Emu oil to the melted cocoa butter and sometimes I will also add almond oil.

Once I made mix that was equal parts of cocoa and shea butter and then mixed in sesame and hemp oil. It was a strange mix but it was fun to try.

I also have added jojoba by itself to just cocoa and then jojoba to cocoa and shea butter mixed together.

I use my various butter/oil mixes as both a leave-in treatment and as a pre-shampoo conditioner. It is messy for sure but it is fun to try.

GG
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic