Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to use Jojoba oil?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Brandi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to use Jojoba oil?
    Posted: October 14 2002 at 12:52am
Hi, Yesterday I bought some Joboba oil. It was so expensive! I payed a lot for just 10 ml of it in a very small bottle. Maybe 3 dollars or so. Is it always this expensive? How much is everyone paying for it, I wonder?

Well anyway I was wondering how do you apply it to your hair because I don`t want to do it improperly. And I don`t want to waste that small bottle. :)

Thanks....
ambler View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2002 at 10:22am
Unfortunately, in my experience Jojoba is pretty expensive. It tends to be cheaper if you buy more of it or buy it in bulk. Some health or nature stores may carry it in bulk, this is a great option.

Jojoba can be used many ways. I use it mostly as a pre-shampoo detangler, or as a "mask" while I sleep and before I shampoo. Sometimes I use in small amounts when my ends are feeling particularly dry. I have not yet used it as a hot oil treatment, but I hear good things. I love sleeping with my hair oiled up, it seems to prevent breakage, splitting, and tangling while I sleep. Good luck
Brandi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2002 at 1:07am
Hi,
I was thinking to apply the Jojoba oil to the ends of my hair to make them more soft, but I wasn`t sure if you were to do it to wet hair or dry hair. Also, I`m I supposed to leave it in my hair or wash it off?

And when you sleep with you hair all oiled up, do you apply it all over your hair? And is it dry (your hair when you do this?

I would like to try that, but my hair is waist length, and I don`t think I have enough jojoba. :) lol

Thank You Brandi.
Brandi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2002 at 1:07am
Come on, I know someone has to have answers for me. :) :) please help! My little bottle of jojoba is still waiting for me. :):):) hehe
Merlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2002 at 11:03am
I always do it on dry hair. However, I know a few people that use it on wet hair (and even one that leaves it in all night) with excellent results.

Karen did an excellent article on using jojoba a couple of years ago. Read it here:

http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip175.htm

Terrific information.

Happy oiling and let us know how it worked for you. ;)
Merlin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic