Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sweet almond oil?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kitty Brite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sweet almond oil?
    Posted: November 07 2002 at 9:19pm
What are some good hair recipes with sweet almond oil? I`d like to know! Thanks :)
~Kitty Brite
Merlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2002 at 9:16am
Sweet almond oil is very good. I like it as a conditioner (I know a woman that carries a small spray bottle with her to tend to her dry ends during the day). Here are a couple of recipes that use sweet almond oil. Enjoy! ;)

Hot-Oil Treatment

Ingredients:

1/2 cup sweet almond oil
1/4 cup apricot kernel oil
1/4 cup olive oil

Preparation:

Combine ingredients, then heat them. Comb through hair. Leave on for 15 to 20 minutes.

Dry-Hair Treatment

Ingredients:

1/2 cup sweet almond oil
1/4 cup apricot kernel oil
1/4 tsp. olive oil

Preparation:

Mix all ingredients and heat in microwave or on top of the stove. Comb through hair. Cover hair with a plastic shower cap or a towel and leave for 15 to 20 minutes.

* Note: Sitting under a hair dryer or using a blow dryer will activate it further. It also adds gloss and shine to hair. It can be stored for up to one year.

** Here is one web site I have used in the past to get the apricot kernel oil.

http://www.pinemeadows.net/soap.php

Merlin
linda wubbolt View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linda wubbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2002 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by Kitty Brite Kitty Brite wrote:

What are some good hair recipes with sweet almond oil? I'd like to know! Thanks :)
~Kitty Brite

had curly hair, used ogilvie straightner my hair is straight frizzy and hard as a rock tried everything , want my old hair back. Please help. Did this two weeks ago, havent left the house????
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic