Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Honey Rinse For Shiny Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Carol Anne View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol Anne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Honey Rinse For Shiny Hair
    Posted: February 21 2003 at 7:02pm
I usually lurk but love the recipes on this board. Thank you to all.

Here is a great recipe is from the National Honey Board for a rinse that helps hair shine. I use it on my hair a lot and it works. I use the squeeze bottle of honey after my first mishap of dropping a glass bottle in the shower. :-(

Ingredients:
1 teaspoon honey
4 cups (1 quart) warm water

Procedure:
Stir the honey into the warm water. Combine the two as well as you can.

To use:

After shampooing, pour the mixture through your hair. Do not rinse out. Dry your hair as you usually do.

My note: If you find that 1 teaspoon makes your hair too sticky try diluting it even further.

CA

Cyndy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2003 at 2:32pm
Thanks. I tried this rinse today and it felt amazing. I just love honey and the aroma is still in my hair.
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2004 at 9:53am
Do you put it in after the conditioner as well? Or do you not use conditioner with this? I have to use conditioner because I put chemicals on my hair but I would like to try this.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2004 at 10:42am
I have used this with 1 cup of water,
1/4 tsp of olive oil
1 tsp of honey
warm up ingredients in microwave... add in your conditioner about 2 tsp and leave in your hair as long as the conditioenr say to.

Then rinse it out. This works well for me and it makes my hair feel good and smell good as well.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2004 at 12:37pm
I found that honey recipe somewhere else and you put it in after your conditioner if you use it because it's a leave-in. Maybe I will try the olive oil thing though. I have to wash my hair so I will try one of them today (inshallah).
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
jadelady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jadelady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2004 at 6:23pm
What's also good for shiny hair is apple cider vinegar. If you get it in its purest form from the health store dilute it 2 parts apple cider vinegar to 1 part water. After you've shampooed and conditioned, while hair is still wet, drench your hair in this. Don't rinse out, just towel dry hair.

Now let me tell you, the smell at first is not pleasing, but after styling and using whatever products you use, the smell will leave. Apple cider vinegar is also great to drink diluted like a tea with honey. It helps not only with hair but also with complexion and acne.
Yi Shi Tong Ren
(Extend the same treatment to all)
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2004 at 1:06am
I second the ACV rinse idea, the reasoning behind that being the removal of product residue.

Anais
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic