Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hay Karen,, Please Help with Emu Oil

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BrendaH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendaH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hay Karen,, Please Help with Emu Oil
    Posted: March 27 2003 at 12:19am
Hello Karen
Can you please help... How do you supose to use Emu Oil on your hair... just on the scalp and leave over night,, can you apply it to wet hair or scalp and leave it in and not look oily in the day.. Can not find much info on this on the borad...

Please Please help,,,'

Hairs to you
Brenda
brendaH
Merlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2003 at 11:42am
Hello Brendah

I think I can answer your questions about emu oil. I have most often used it on dry hair. The recommended procedure is:

1. Pour a SMALL amount of emu oil into the palm of your hand. (Note- a little goes a long way, one drop of emu oil will usually cover an area approximately the size of the back of your hand).

2. Rub your hands together to spread the emu oil.

3. Using your hands apply the emu oil into your hair, spreading the emu oil all the way from the ends of the hair shaft to the roots. Apply more emu oil if needed or for longer hair. If you do not want to treat your scalp please skip to the next step and go on to Step #5.

4. For a scalp treatment - continue your application by applying the emu oil a drop at a time directly unto the scalp. Massage the emu oil thoroughly covering the entire scalp or desired area. (Note- you do not need to rub the oil all the way in - emu oil is a natural penetrating oil and will penetrate through the layers of the skin on its own.) Continue on to the next step.

5. Cover hair with a towel (optional but I have found a towel warmed in the clothes dryer works well) and let set for at least 5 minutes. (Note - some have found additional benefit when they leave the emu oil in their hair for longer periods of time, even overnight. I suggest using a shower cap to cover your hair when leaving emu oil on overnight.)

6. Wash hair and condition.

I also know some people that put a few drops of emu oil in their favorite shampoo and conditioner.

Hope this answers your questions and good luck with the emu oil....I hope it works well for you.

Merlin
BrendaH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendaH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2003 at 10:56pm
Howdy Merlin
Thank you so very much with all the idea's... Can't wait to try them... You have been a big help..
Keep up the great work..

take care..
Hairs to you
Brendah
Merlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2003 at 10:46am
My pleasure, Brendah. Everyone that I know who has tried the Emu Oil love it - I hope it works as well or even better for you.

Best wishes.
Merlin
angela View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2003 at 6:38am
Can someone suggest where I might purchase Emu Oil online?

Thanks in advance.
Merlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2003 at 11:13am
Hello Angela

A good friend of mine gets her Emu Oil here:

http://www.uniquelyemu.com

It is not inexpensive but the 4.5 oz. bottle lasts her for some time. They also make a shampoo with Emu Oil and Aloe Vera that she swears works wonders for her dry hair. I can say that the condition of her hair has definitely improved.

Hope this helps.
Merlin
ranji01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranji01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2011 at 4:13am
hello  friends...
  i suggest a good emu oil gets here

Emu oil can be used for scars, burns, arthritis, & muscle aches.  In fact, many people use natural, 100% pure emu oil for relief of symptoms related to numerous conditions, including eczema, rosacea, psoriasis, rheumatism, and hair loss. Due its unique and impressive versatility, you can use emu oil as a  deeply penetrative moisturizer, anti-inflammatory agent, and source of cell nourishment.

http://www.vcemufarms.in

Edited by ranji01 - October 22 2011 at 7:50am
hotels chennai
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic