Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

heating oils

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: heating oils
    Posted: June 18 2003 at 11:24am
I'm wondering about the importance of heating oils. I currently just put the oil on the hair. Since the weather is also warming up, I'm afraid if I put something hot/warm on my hair, it will do more damage.
schizophonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schizophonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2003 at 9:52pm
Heating oil hair treatments does work well...I did a hot oil treatment on my hair last night (it was looking a little dull), and it made it feel very soft and looks shiny. I don't think it would damage the hair at all, of course as long as you didn't put the oil on your hair at burning temperature. (ouch!!)
I just think that heating the oil helps to penetrate your hair to moisturize better, but I'm not sure of the exact reason.

Just remember to be REALLY careful when you do heat it up...I say this because I accidentally had a hot oil container explode while heating it!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic