Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

citrus essential oils

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: citrus essential oils
    Posted: July 17 2003 at 11:52am
Does anyone know how the oils of pink grapefruit, bitter orange, and bergamot acts on hair and the scalp?
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2003 at 12:01pm
Not good.
They will dry out your hair and scalp.

Cirtus oils are also sun-sentisizers and may cause your scalp to burn in the sun.
Any artificial hair colour would also be affected by these oils when in the sun.

If you are going to experiment with citrus oils, than I suggest you do it on natural, un-coloured hair and in during the winter (or whenever you are going to experience minimal sun exposure).

There are other, better oils for hair IMO, p_p.

Best wishes,
Uzi

papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2003 at 12:41pm
These oils are ingredients in a shampoo and conditioner I have but don't use often. I noticed that my hair feels "thinner" when I use it. I'm hoping to just use it as a clarifying cleanser once a month or so.

Hopefully the citrus oils are in amounts just for the aroma, as the other ingredients are soy protein, shea butter, and sweet almond oil.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic