Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Keys,Tools, and Recipes to Stimulate Hair Growth!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Keys,Tools, and Recipes to Stimulate Hair Growth!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LongBraidz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LongBraidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Keys,Tools, and Recipes to Stimulate Hair Growth!
    Posted: March 21 2004 at 9:23am
First of all...I want to state that I'am not going to promise you anything!!!! I also assure you the I'am not a individual peddeling "Wonder Tonics" nor do I work for or endorse any of these tools, herbs, and oils. Lastly...these are not my recipes!!!! I got these a long time ago from the net. Please understand that each and everyone of us is different. Some of these methods may work miracles for one person and do nothing for another. It is VERY unlikely that you will use these keys, tools, and recipes and have your hair grow past your knees in 3 months...be patient and REALISTIC! The average hair growth rate a month is 1/2"...that is 6" a year. I have tried most of these recipes in the past and still do and YES they actually stimulate "MY" hair growth. My hair was growing anywhere from 3/4" a month to an 1" and it was also VERY shiney, strong, and soft. I also use major keys in my general health which is also benefical to proper hair growth. The keys are: eat a healthy diet, exercise, try to be stress free, take a daily multi-vitamin, refrain from alcohol, drugs, and cigarette smoking, use good grooming techniques etc...I also believe that it helps if your hair is not chemically treated. The tool's you will need are as follows: a boar bristle brush or wooden comb, a shower cap or basic plastic cap, and lastly herbal hair oils and rinses. Here is an example of my daily regime: When I wake up in the morning...I don't immediately remove my cap. Once I do remove my cap...I rinse my hair (not shampoo) in the shower to cleanse my scalp and remove any sweat. NOTE: I leave the cap off the rest of the day...your hair and scalp needs to breath and I only put it back on at nights before I go to bed. I then apply 2 generous drops of "Weleda" - Rosemary Hair Oil in the palm of my hands rubbing them together...this warms the oil. I then take the palms of my hands and rub them over my freshly clean slightly damp hair and scalp. Do NOT brush wet hair...you will cause breakage! I then take my boar bristle brush and gentle brush my hair back to front about 100 times and front to back 100 times. You will feel your scalp actually tingling and a warming sensation. This is stimulation of the follicle. After my oil and brushing routine is finished...I go about my daily chores. If your watching TV or just have some spare time...don't apply any more oil but brush or rub your scalp for stimulation as much as possiable. Before bedtime...I apply another 2 generous drops of "Weleda" - Rosemary Hair Oil. I brush back to front 100 times and front to back 100 times...then I apply my shower cap and go to sleep wearing it the entire night. When you wake up in the morning you will notice that your hair is wet with sweat which is a good thing...your scalp is warmed and stimulated and I believe the oils actaully penetrate into the hair. On the weekends...usually sunday night...I apply either the "Robson's Herbal Hair Growth Oil" or the "Rosemary Honey Olive Oil Hair Conditioner" and I keep this on my hair and scalp wearing the cap overnight. In the morning you can shampoo with "Weleda" - Rosemary Shampoo and Conditioner or whatever you prefer and afterwards use 1 of the herbal rinse recipes. I prefer the "Refreshing After Shampoo Rinse". Here are the recipes...you can pick and choose...Lastly...I wish you my best in hopes that these may help you. Here is a link to a site where you can purchase most of the herbs, oils, and containers. http://www.sagewomanherbs.com/

Robson's Herbal Hair Growth Oil

Ingredients:

Any good base oil (sweet almond, coconut, grapeseed, olive, jojoba)
A handful of Stinging Nettle
A spring of Thyme (dried)

Essential Oils:

4 drops Rosemary oil
4 drops Lavender oil
4 drops Peppermint oil

Method:

Soak or macerate stinging nettle and thyme into a cup of base oil (make sure that the oil covers the nettle and thyme, or else the exposed areas will rot) for about two weeks to a month (if you can) Add eo's to the base oil, and use as a hot oil treatment. If you use lighter base oils like grapeseed or almond, you can apply to hair since the oils will be light enough.

Refreshing After Shampoo Rinse

Use this recipe right after shampooing and conditioning. It's a great refresher and smells wonderful! The rosemary EO adds in hair follicle stimulation for faster hair growth.

Ingredients:

500ml (17fl oz) water

Essential Oils:

15 drops of rosemary essential oil
12 drops of sandalwood essential oil
7 drops atlas cedar essential oil

Method:

Combine the oils then add to water. After shampooing and conditioning hair, shake bottle to mix and pour over scalp and hair. Squeeze dry with towel.

HAIR CARE

For thicker and healthier hair, steep 1/2 cup rosemary leaves in 1 cup water. Add the infusion to 1/2 bottle of your favorite shampoo and wash once a day. Rosemary promotes thicker, healthier hair by unclogging pores and hair follicles, and also adds great shine. Rosemary tea, drank once per day, promotes better circulation and also aids in better hair growth.

To prevent frizziness, apply a frizz aid product and let hair air dry.

To make your hair really shine, rinse it in cold water for a couple minutes

For blondes, to make hair lighter, apply lemon or lemon juice

take an egg yolk and lather into wet hair. Leave in for a few minutes and it helps condition and adds protein, which helps against breakage and hair loss.

ROSEMARY & APPLE CIDER RINSE
( Revitalizes and stimulates hair growth)
3 sprigs of fresh Rosemary
1 cup of Apple Cider vinegar
3 cups of warm water
5 drops of Rosemary oil
Chop Rosemary and place it in a
jar with Apple cider vinegar and
store in a cool and dark place for 1
week, shaking well every day. After
1 week, strain keeping the liquid and
pouring back into the jar, then add
the Rosemary oil to the mixture,
when ready to use add the warm water
to the liquid and massage into
freshly cleaned hair, then rinse
with cool water and dry as usual.
* Avoid getting this liquid into
your eyes, if you do, rinse with cool water.

ROSEMARY HONEY OLIVE OIL HAIR CONDITIONER

This nourishing conditioner blends two ingredients from nature -- honey for shine and olive oil for moisture -- and is enhanced with essential oil of rosemary to stimulate hair growth.

1/2 cup honey

1/4 cup warmed olive oil (2 tablespoons for normal to oily hair)

4 drops essential oil of rosemary

1 teaspoon of xanthan gum (available in health food stores)

Place all the ingredients in a small bowl and mix thoroughly. Pour into a clean plastic bottle with a snug-fitting cap.

To use, apply a small amount to your slightly dampened hair. Massage your scalp and work the conditioner through your hair until it is completely and evenly distributed. Next, cover your hair with a warm towel (your microwave or dryer can heat it up) or shower cap; leave the conditioner in place on to nourish and condition for 30 minutes. Remove the towel or shower cap; shampoo lightly and rinse with cool water. Dry as normal and enjoy shinier, softer and healthier hair the natural way.

NOTE: THE SUGGESTIONS I HAVE POSTED ARE OF MY OWN EXPERIENCE AND OPINION!
"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." ~Kahlil Gibran~
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic