Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Covering Grey Recipe

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
HairdresserForALongTime View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairdresserForALongTime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Covering Grey Recipe
    Posted: December 27 2004 at 5:17pm
Unfortunately home recipes, while they might work for some, are not always proven for all and can do strange things to your hair. Always do a patch test before trying anything unproven. It will save you any heartaches.
shib View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2004 at 9:11am
My guess is not to mix the two herbs.
LongBraidz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LongBraidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2004 at 9:11pm
Hi People,
I don't mean to burst anyone's balloon but I have personally tried the natural gray/grey hair coloring recipes listed. The rosemary and sage brewed together is a bit pungent while cooking and also when applied to the hair. I faithfully applied the herbal rinse daily to my hair and after about a month instead of restoring my gray's back to their natural color...I found my gray's to be actually turning green. The bottom line for me personally was this method was time consuming, costly, and it honestly didn't work at all.
"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." ~Kahlil Gibran~
Avni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2004 at 1:49pm
hii,

here is the link to the homemade hair dye recipe:

http://www.pioneerthinking.com/graydye.html

I hope this helps. Thanks a lot for the tips. this really is a great forum.

Avni

korsakovhatt3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2004 at 11:37pm
Sage and rosemary are also very easy to grow in pots on your windowsill. I grow all my own herbs. It's very convenient and cost-effective. Check your local garden centre for seedlings or seeds. If you need dried herbs, you can dry fresh cuttings in a warm oven, food dehydrator or direct sunlight.

P.S. Your link doesn't work. It doesn't seem to be a full URL. I'm interested in reading the recipe. Could you post it again? Thanks.
My user name is WAY too long. Just call me Juliana. :-)
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2004 at 5:53pm
Mountainroseherbs (dot) com has both of the herbs you need. Besides having an impressive selection of herbs, they also have clays, oils, and other stuff too. And teapots!!

Anais
Avni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2004 at 2:38pm
I came across this homemade recipe for covering grey hair. Link is as below:

Z:\Files\Personal Files\Covering Grey Hair - Homemade Hair Dye Recipe.htm

Can anyone tell me where I could buy dried sage herb and rosemary herb (not the oil, but actual herb). I live in NJ, USA and my local supermarkets don't carry them. If any1 knows of an online store or something where I could buy it, plz let me know. I would like to try out the recipe in the link above.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic